FlyBy E6B is an essential application for all pilots. Designed by a professional airline pilot it includes many features not found in the "other" E6B programs.
If you are considering a career in aviation FlyBy E6B has functions that you can use in every aircraft you will fly.
FlyBy E6B was one of the very first applications of its kind published for the Palm Pilot. Used by thousands of pilots the world over, it has evolved from the suggestions and feedback we have received.
Please select the "Show All Versions" item on this page to see all the features we have added from suggestions we have received.
Please visit our web site for more detail and screen shots.
FlyBy E6B Features (60+):
- True Airspeed using Calibrated Airspeed
- True Airspeed using Mach#
- Calibrated Airspeed using TAS
- IAS Using MACH#
- Equivalent Airspeed using CAS
- Mach# Using TAS
- Mach Crossover Altitude
- Planned MACH#
- Planned TAS
- Vref CAS
- Find Wind Direction and Speed
- Find Wind Component (headwind and crosswind)
Heading and Ground Speed:
- Find Heading, Ground Speed, ETE and Fuel Burned
- Find Estimated Time Enroute
- Find Ground Speed
- Find Distance
- Find Fuel Time
- Find Fuel Flow
- Find Fuel Burned
- Find Estimated Time of Arrival
- Journey Log Time
- Time Adder
- Fixed GroundSpeed (Find a True Airspeed given a track, wind and required groundspeed)
- Density Altitude
- Pressure Altitude
- True Altitude
- Cold Temperature Altitude Correction
- China RVSM Airspace
Vertical Navigation Calculations:
- Distance and Time using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Vertical Speed
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Distance
- Rate of Descent using Altitude Change, Ground Speed, Descent Angle
- Feet/Nm using Vertical Speed, Ground Speed
- Feet/Nm (%) using Gradient %, Ground Speed
- Rate of Climb using Required Climb Gradient and Ground Speed
- SCDA (Constant Descent Angle)
- VDP (Visual Descent Point)
- VPA Deviation (Vertical Path Angle Deviation)
- Critical Point
- Point of No Return
- Time to Minimum Descent Altitude
- Track and Distance between two points with map plotting of the great circle track. Map plotting includes movable pin locations with instant trip information: Distance, Track and time enroute.
- Map GPS mode. Displays device Speed, True Course, Altitude, Distance Remaining, Track to Destination, cross track error, estimated time remaining and estimated time of arrival.
- Map closest airport feature will display airports close to your current GPS location or a dropped pin location.
- Fix. Calculate a map point based on a Fix, Radial and Distance.
- Rate One Turn
- Radius of Turn
- Turning Stall Speed
- DME Arc distance and time.
Nautical Miles/ Knots
Statute Miles/ Mph
- Fuel, Temperature Corrected, JetA, JetB, AvGas:
- QFE/QNH airfield altitude conversion
- DMS/DM.m/DM.m and D.d coordinate conversion
Feet per NM
- Relative Humidity, Heat Index, Cumulus cloud base, Wind Chill
- NOAA METAR and TAF access
- ISA Temperature Deviation
- Linear Interpolation
- Minimum Floor Load Limit (Cargo)
- Maximum Cargo Weight
- Runway Slope
- PAX Weight
- C.G. Change
- Weight to Shift
- Distance to Shift
- Sunrise/Sunset: Civil Day/Night, Azimuth, Apex, Elevation, for any location and time/date. Includes a unique sunset ETA function that calculates your current flights sunset time.
- Added ability to customize two more altitude labels in the Cold Wx Correction function.
Ratings and Reviews
I am an experimental test pilot with Bombardier Learjet. I use Lonnie’s app frequently for test mission planning and execution. It is reliable and thorough. Highly recommended.
I got my general pilots license in the 90s thanks to FlyBy E6B... as a student, what a nightmare it was to do calculations with the old aluminum E6B computer; capable but primitive. I used to think, "Nasa put men on the moon using slide rules, so I can solve these problems " Then as a miracle I discovered FLyBy's E6B for my palm pilot and how easy and fun it was to do calculations and -as a multinational guy that I am- for everyday use converting temperature and distances. I liked it so much that I got the desktop version and used it all the time. As technology progresses, I was very happy to find that FlyBy E6B was available as an App for the iphone. Their customer service is fantastic, Lonnie always responds emails promptly trough out the years. (Unlike Jeppesen, where I bought two aviation calculators, and both after the battery died couldn't be brought up to life again with a fresh battery, and Jeppesen didnt stand behind their product saying that there was a problem with the calculators and they didnt support them any longer.)
I recommend highly FlyBy E6B and it will always have good memories and a soft spot in my heart...
Great App (v1.5)
I have used a few E6 B's in my time, but I must say that the FlyBy E6 B ring all the bells for me. It is straight forward, easy to use and very intuitive. I'm am a recent convert from the Windows world and I must say Lonnie's update to the IPhone is wonderful. He has added several features that really make FlyBy outshine its competitors.
Besides all the normal conversion one would expect from an E6B, Lonnie has added some special features that make getting weather data in METAR and TAF a snap with his Decode WX button. If you find your TAF and METAR reading skills are a little rusty, just hit the Decode button and you are off and running in english. Way Cool!!
I especially like the input wheels when doing my conversions, and the small ( i ) icon is great for a reminder concerning input data. The Track and Distance feature is especially nice for quick information concerning a route.
Overall I'm very happy for to have the FlyBy E6B in my flying toolbox, it's used a lot. I highly recommend this app to all pilots, a 5 star rating.
One Happy FlyBy E6B customer.
- Lonnie Ganz
- 35.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © SkyWriter Software 2000-2018. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.