flyguide for crew is a unique app that displays what you are flying over with detailed satellite imagery. All Offline! Works just like an iPhone/iPad GPS in your car. Uses GPS Tracking for a moving map display so you know exactly where you are.
Labels mountains, lakes, cities, rivers, towns/cities, and much more!
Crew version of flyguide has a searchable database of aviation fixes and navaids.
**New Update! Now displays Altitude, Groundspeed, Heading, ETA and Distance to destination.
Features included are:
• Displays the lower 48 United States.
• High resolution detailed map imagery.
• Moving map display.
• All Offline! No internet needed for use after download.
• Easy to Use!
• Displays and describes unique points of interests.
• Aviation navaids and fixes displayed for Pilots
• Searchable database for Airports/Fixes/Navaids.
• Displays interstates and highways.
• Fully functional detailed map if your device isn’t GPS capable.
• Free separate download for even more detail.
Not to be used for navigation.
Comments or suggestions are always welcome.
• To utilize GPS tracking airborne, you must have an ipad with Wi-Fi+Cellular capability.
• GPS tracking feature depends on GPS signal strength. The best location for reception is a window seat. The ipad has a larger GPS antenna which will acquire the signal faster. If you are having issues receiving a signal hold the top of the device (antenna location) against the window momentarily.
• Most airlines allow the use of a personal GPS device. Please check your individual airline's policy.
For more information, screenshots and helpful tips go to www.flyguidebynovamedia.com
Corrected crashing issue with version 1.1.4 updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome Pilot app!!
I love this app! I was looking for something like the old geographic pilot maps we used in the cockpit that labeled cities, mts, etc. Now I can pick out all the features I'm flying over like small towns or lakes. Love the POI's! Works great, no issues with my download. Thanks!
If it was free, it may be worth it.
If it was .99 Cents, it may be worth it, to some
But for $5.99, buy a Subway Sandwich instead.
What you are going to get...
A 'map' that resembles a weather satellite map of the U.S. And IF your iPad/iPhone has cellular capability you 'may' get a blue dot on such map.
Now, and mind you, for the same $5.99, you can download a more detailed map (2-4 G-Not sure why the huge range advertised). Now I would love to comment on this added feature, but it had yet to download more than 7%, after several attempts and hours trying.
If you are looking for atlas, there are plenty for free, such as "you need a map" and avoid this useless app. Now, to try to recover my stolen money for pure garbage.
No much for what you pay
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.