Flying the Aspen Evolution
By Sporty's Pilot Shop
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Aspen Evolution Flight Displays have revolutionized retrofit glass cockpits, with their powerful features, compact size and affordable price. This video app from Sporty’s will show you everything you need to know to fly this glass cockpit with confidence, including the newly-certified Multi-function Displays (MFDs). So whether you fly a single screen Aspen or a complete 3-screen setup, this app is for you.
Using a visual menu system, Flying the Aspen Evolution is broken down into 7 individual video segments. Based on Sporty’s 50 years of aviation education experience, the Aspen Evolution app contains 90 minutes of engaging animations, in-flight video and real-world tips and tricks.
• Understand how the Primary Flight Display (PFD) works and integrates with existing avionics
• Watch the photo-quality MFD in action, with terrain, traffic and weather
• Learn all about the built-in redundant systems, including the backup battery and GPS
• See the avionics fly an instrument approach with autopilot
• Learn how to customize your displays to show exactly what you want
• Covers how to use Evolution Synthetic Vision (ESV) and FAA Digital Charts
• Introduction by former AOPA President, and current Aspen board member, Phil Boyer
The Aspen Evolution app also includes all the pertinent pilot guides & addenda in a convenient PDF viewer, covering all the software versions up to 2.4.1 on the PFD & MFD.
This app will show you a host of features you may not know about, plus tips and shortcuts for easier in-flight navigation. Flying the Aspen Evolution is ideal for owners of this equipment, but it will also be invaluable for prospective buyers.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Updated to support newest iOS 8
- Updated graphics and user interface
- Video progress tracking will resume playback where you left off
- Bug fixes
Well worth the investment!
I'm learning to fly IFR in a C-182 with an Aspen 2000 and Garmin GTN750. They're an awesome combo but few CFIIs know much about either, much less the combo so I'm spending much time just figuring out the interface. I LOVE the Aspen 2000 and combined with the GTN750 delivers incredibly situational awareness but it's daunting trying to figure things out while flying. This video series is a huge help, thanks Sporty's! I'm sure I'll watch it over and over until it starts making sense. It's slightly dated but is still really good and I'm glad to have invested in it in June, 2015 and would recommend others do the same. I wish Aspen would make a sim app like Garmin did for the GTN750, it's been a huge help also!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 03, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 740 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sporty's Pilot Shop
- © 2014, Sportsman's Market, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.