By Seattle Avionics, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FlyQ EFB is a top-rated aviation app because it makes your flying easier and safer by thoughtfully integrating powerful features in a way that minimizes the number of screen taps and uses larger fonts to increase readability. Pilots love that it supports more than 20 ADS-B and in-panel devices (Avidyne, Dynon, Dual, FreeFlight, L-3, NavWorx, Dual, SkyRadar, iLevil, Stratux, Clarity, etc.) and is reasonably priced with subscriptions starting at just US $69.
Other key features include split screen, 3D synthetic vision, plates on the map, more than 4,600 airport diagrams, rich Documents support, extended runways, distance measurement systems, fuel prices, NOTAMS, and wind-optimized flight planning.
> Maps Your Way
+ 2D maps or 3D Synthetic Vision
+ Sectionals or IFR charts
+ Photo, road, terrain maps
+ Satellite (Visible or IR)
+ Fuel prices
+ TFRs (incl. sports TFRs)
+ Obstacle and terrain avoidance
+ ADS-B from 20 ADS-B systems
+ Extended runways with right-pattern indicators
+ Procedures on map
+ Rings / Extended Courseline
+ CAP grid
+ Personal Waypoints
A tap switches from 2D to 3D Synthetic Vision or back again. Syn Vis includes HITS boxes, EFIS display, TAWS, Obstacles, and AHRS support.
Night Mode preserves your night vision.
Split screen or single screen? FlyQ begins in single-screen mode with simple tabs to select major function: Airports, Weather, Plans, Maps, Procedures, Documents, and multi-page Scratchpad. Tap the Split button to show a map plus anything else at the same time.
FlyQ includes the same Seattle Avionics geo-referenced approach plates and airport diagrams that we certified for FAA DO-200A compliance with certified avionics from Bendix-King and Aspen. Split screen can show a map and a procedure simultaneously. Swipe to switch procedures or tap to list all procedures at an airport. Overlay procedures on a map.
> Flight Planning Your Way
1. Enter a series of indents in the Search box.
2. Use the Plans tab to compute a wind-optimized course along Victors, Jets, or GPS Direct. You'll see a complete flight plan with all the navaids and fixes, not just a straight line. FlyQ uses expected winds to plot the fastest course, saving time and money on every flight.
3. Rubber-band flight plans directly on the map.
4. Enter lat/lon points, Personal Waypoints, or even airway/airway intersection points
5. Choose from 9 Search and Rescue patterns
6. Send/receive flight plans with Dynon SkyView, Avidyne, and the Aspen Connected Panel
7. Practice using X-Plane or MS Flight Sim / Prepar3D
Flight plans are automatically shared between all your devices.
FlyQ EFB uses your GPS position to display the current temperature, Nexrad images, METARs/TAFs, and a 7-day forecast. The patent-pending Graphical Wind Optimizer uses red and green bars to show the headwind or tailwind at different altitudes. Also includes a gallery of US and Canadian weather images.
Supports 20+ ADS-B systems for live weather and traffic.
> Airport Information
FlyQ makes it easy get airport information: Enter an ident in the Search box, double-tap a map, touch any entry in your flight plan, or watch a list of nearby airports that updates as you fly. The Airport screen concisely shows key operational info, satellite images, and runway diagrams on a single screen. Weather, approach procedures, A/FD, and FBO info are just a tap away. Now includes more than 4,600 SA Airport Diagrams!
> Data Manager
FlyQ makes it painless to download new data every month: spin and zoom a 3D globe to visually select the states you're interested in.
> Try it before you buy it
Experience everything FlyQ EFB offers with a free 30-day subscription.
What's New in Version 2.4.5
Stability improvements and other bug fixes:
+ Added: Faster mapping performance
+ Fixed: Frequent startup crashes for some users
+ Fixed: Crash when viewing an airport satellite image in full screen when wind arrows are on
+ Fixed: Crash when switching between 2D and 3D modes in a few cases
+ Fixed: Crash when reversing some flight plans
+ Fixed: Inability to turn fluorescent life jackets off once on
+ Fixed: Minor text size problem in some 3D views
Most Complete and Best Support
I have used ForeFlight, tried Garmin, Avare, and more. All the EFB's offer far more than I can ever use. I do want the capability, but the intuitiveness and the ease of use for 90+% of my flying.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 03, 2017
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 182 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Seattle Avionics Inc
- © 2012-2017 Seattle Avionics Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- US VFR 12 month subscription$69.99
- US VFR and IFR 12 month subscription$139.99
- US IFR 12 month upgrade$69.99
- US IFR 5 month upgrade$29.99
- US IFR 3 month upgrade$17.99
- US IFR 11 month upgrade$64.99
- US IFR 7 month upgrade$40.99
- US IFR 13 month upgrade$69.99
- US IFR 10 month upgrade$59.99
- US IFR 8 month upgrade$46.99