Flywheel - The Taxi App
By Flywheel Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Currently available in San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Portland, and San Diego.
Flywheel is the easiest way to get a taxi cab with your iPhone. Request a ride, watch it come to you, get notified when it arrives, and pay automatically with your phone.
- Wired – "Flywheel…is a slick, seamless process for rider and driver"
- The Next Web – "all the features that users have come to love and expect…with a fresher interface”
- Here’s what our users are saying: “Simple.” “Reliable.” “Fast.” “Consistent.” “Awesome.”
The Flywheel advantage is simple:
Fast & Convenient
- Hail a ride with one tap from wherever you are
- Hundreds of drivers from multiple fleets ready for your request
- We handpick only licensed and insured professional drivers
- Track your driver’s approach on a live map
- Always pay the same fare, every hour of every day
- Never pay surge pricing
What's New in Version 5.7.4
- Enhancements for using San Francisco Paratransit
- Bug fixes
Most of the Time
When I first started using Flywheel it was great: I never waited more than 10 minutes for a cab the average time was 5 minutes. Five stars all the way!
Most of the time that is still true. However, recently wait times have gotten longer and it is clear that some drivers are trying to game the system; instead, they are just shooting themselves and all their cab driving comrades in the foot. I hear drivers complain bitterly about having to compete with Uber. Yet I have drivers regularly cancel on me after making me wait. I give good tips; so that is not a likely factor. Recently my appointed driver actually pulled over right in front of me and picked up a guy then canceled on me even though I was clearly signaling that I was his ride (the app has a flashing light for this purpose). My name is very female, so there should have been no confusion about the gender of the person being picked up. I hope that driver got a puny tip for his trouble: he is the kind of driver that makes it hard for other cab drivers to make a living- the reason for the Uber competition.
Excellent reliable service to airport and in town
I have used Flywheel for a few months in San Francisco, and their service is reliable, drivers are on time, and they know the city well taking the less congested routes to get you where you need to go. Their fleet is new, and they have good rates to the SFO airport. The drivers are courteous and always look professional.
payment method that's been on file since day 1 expired. now the replacement card, SAME type from SAME bank, is suddenly not accepted. oh well, delete. to be fair, this app was pretty good..until it sucked.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Sep 29, 2016
- Version: 5.7.4
- Size: 54.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flywheel Software, Inc.
- © 2014, 2015 Flywheel Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.