Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Free Music Archive is a non-profit digital library offering free and legal MP3 downloads. It's directed by WFMU, the most renowned freeform radio station in America.
Using this free app you can now enjoy the Free Music Archive from your iOS device:
- Browse by genres including Blues, Classical, Country, Electronic, Folk, Hip-Hop, Instrumental, International, Jazz, Old-Time/Historic, Pop, Rock, Soul, and more!
- Listen, share and download our handpicked "Featured Playlists"
- Download your queued songs to the app, and save them for offline listening
- Share music and playlists over Twitter, Facebook, e-mail and text message
- Search for new music by genre, mood, and by license, with the ability to filter for instrumental music
Every MP3 you discover in the Free Music Archive is pre-cleared for certain types of use that would otherwise be prohibited by copyright laws. For more information about how to use the tracks in the app, click on the About page or visit www.freemusicarchive.org.
What's New in Version 2.0
New User Interface.
Support for new iPhones and iPads.
But the app it self has flaws: the favorite button doesn't usually sync up, so I'll press it, but when I go to look at my favorites it's not there. Also wish that it was over all easier to understand: can I make playlists? Or even view my favorites on the app? (I do it online)
more search/browse options
First of all, I love FMA. This app is lacking the ability to search artists properly. I should be able to browse by artists and see their albums. Please add this, it'd make the app so much more powerful.
Great app but one big flaw
I really love this app and find it a great way to share what's on FMA. When you go to upload a song to Google Drive, it times out. It would be great if that gets fixed. Thanks!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 19, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: WFMU
- © WFMU
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.