Focos is a big step into the future of computational photography and light-field camera, bringing DSLR-like photography to your dual-camera iPhone and iPad Pro, with beautiful bokeh effects usually achievable only with professional large aperture cameras. With the technology of computational photography, you can make unlimited changes to your photos, focus after the fact, change the aperture repeatedly, and add multiple lights in 3D space, exceeding the limits of any editing tools you’ve known before. The creative potential unleashed by Focos is endless.
- Take photos with shallow depth of field, without manually painting or making selections.
- True 3D imaging.
- Simulate large apertures to create real bokeh effects normally only possible with DSLR cameras and expensive lenses.
- Import existing portrait photos and customize the bokeh effect.
- Re-focus portrait photos that have already been taken, with a simple tap.
- Choose from various simulated aperture diaphragms to generate different bokeh spot effects.
- Professional options to simulate lens characteristics, such as creamy, bilinear, swirly, and reflex effects, and more.
- Visualize the depth of areas within your portrait photos in a 3D view, and intuitively add depth filters.
- Add multiple lights in a 3D space, and adjust the color, brightness and so on for each light.
- Check the portrait picture in the real world with augmented reality technique.
- It is possible to patch the depth map precisely on iPad with Apple Pencil.
- Intuitive and easy to use, with built-in video tutorials.
- An essential tool for iPad Pro, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Taking portrait photos is not possible on devices that lack dual cameras. It is therefore recommended that Focos is used on devices with dual cameras.
All sample photos in screenshots and video previews were shot on an iPhone 7 Plus.
Do you have questions or suggestions? Contact us via support @ focos . me.
- With augmented reality technique, you can check the portrait picture, add and control light sources in the real world while using the lighting tool. There's no need to drag the 3D coordinate system with your finger but instead of holding your iPhone to get close to the object or rotate around the object.
- Now the undo and redo buttons show at the top of title bar when you fold the history menu by tapping the bottom arrow icon. It's easier for drawing the depth map in the patch tool.
Enjoy using Focos and support us by leaving your review for the features of each update to help us make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
The most amazing photo editing app you’ve ever seen
Once you learn the basics, this app will completely blow your mind. It’s not an app for the casual user. It’s an app for the photo enthusiast who wants to win the photo contest every time. The possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to your 3D/portrait photos. Literally add new lighting sources (like a light bulb) to your photos as if they were there when the photo was taken, even allowing photos taken in the dark to spring to life with light and color; squeeze in blurring or glowing effects behind your photo subject that simulate motion or weather; heck, add in a completely different background. Once you’ve figured it all out, it’s up to YOU to just set the scene. This app along with the Hallide Camera App will make you feel like a photographer extraordinaire! Can’t say enough good things about it.
My ONLY wish is that it allowed you to save photos with the depth map still embedded. Since Focos only really lets you change lighting and staging aspects (and not actually alter the photo) I would think this should be possible. But these guys are such geniuses with what they’ve done here, it must be something I’m not thinking about that makes this feature untenable.
Developer Response ,
Next version will bring the history function which can save the modified depth map for further editing. Thank you.
THIS APP IS INSANE!! (In a good way)
I have the iPhone XR and I’m using the free version of the app. I recently purchased Halide for $6.99 and just the free version is probably 10 times better. There are so many features that I wasn’t expecting, like the fact that you can make the photo stage light (black portrait) or change the intensity of the bokeh on portraits. The different options for editing portraits are extremely detailed and customizable. And on top of everything, the user interface is great with lots of haptic feedback and instructions. This is truly a 2019 optimized app and you have nothing to lose by downloading the free version. The only thing that Halide has that is better than this app is that the portraits are saved as 2018-edition portraits with adjustable bokeh (on Halide) whereas here they are saved as 2016 iPhone 7 edition portraits. But this is made up for in post focus (also bokeh-adjustable) which is saved as a Live Photo. Keep the updates going!
Update: I noticed you (the developers) added the export of the photos as portraits, but I do t see them (maybe because I don’t have dual-lenses). If that worked flawlessly that would be great!
Developer Response ,
Great, but doesn’t support my phone
As a budding photographer, I have been looking for apps to easily improve the quality and look of my photos. I stumbled upon Focos and I was amazed by the depth at which you could edit your photos. I started out by using a sample picture and I loved all the features. However, the app only supports IPhones 7+ and higher. I only have an IPhone 7 and do not plan on upgrading any time soon and so I cannot use this app for my photos. I even tried to upload the photos from my Canon camera to my phone but the app couldn’t process them. It’s a great app but sadly I cannot use it.
EDIT: I took some portrait mode photos on a family member’s IPhone X and used iCloud to send them to myself, but the app won’t let me edit them. They show up in the available pictures as portrait mode but whenever I try to edit them, I get a pop up that says the picture cannot be processed and is recommended that they are sent over iCloud, which is exactly what I did. I am very confused can someone please explain why the app will not let me edit the photos.
Developer Response ,
The dual camera works like the human eyes, two eyes to see this 3D world. Sorry.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Xiaodong Wang
- 54.6 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Focos Camera
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime unlimited access $11.99
- Monthly subscription $0.99
- Yearly subscription $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.