By MacPhun LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Add professional lens effects to your photos without expensive gear. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to draw attention to the most important subjects of your photos, achieving a perfect artistic touch with Focus.
Key features of Focus:
- Professional presets for Portrait, Nature, Architecture, Macro and Tilt-Shift
- Adjustable controls to add or remove lens blur
- Custom Focus options to take your creativity even further
- Advanced Vignette to emphasize focused objects even more
- Face recognition in the Portrait mode
- Vividness controls for boosting color
- One-click auto enhancement fixes contrast, color, brightness and more
- Crop, zoom, straighten and aspect ratio adjustment
- Real-time previews with proprietary LiveBlur™ technology
- Full gestures support: rotate, pinch, zoom, move and adjust blur strength!
- Save a progress as Focus 2 file and continue editing later
- Easily export images to JPG, TIFF, PNG and more
- Send images directly to iPhoto, Aperture libraries
- Let the world see your creations by sharing them via Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
- Macphun Print Lab - order your images on canvas, postcards, and more
- iCloud support
- Mavericks ready
- Ready for the new Mac Pro
If you enjoy Focus 2, check more apps by Macphun on the App Store. Thank you.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Thanks for using Focus 2 by Macphun. Here's what you get in the new version.
PRINT ON DEMAND
Put your Focus 2 images on a canvas, a postcard or a framed print and get it shipped right to your door.
Enhanced brush for custom focus (more precise on edges)
Enhanced image processing (now works 2X fast)
Minor bugs fixed related to export to Intensify and iPhoto
Other bug fixes
UI and CONTROL IMPROVEMENTS
Press X to switch the brush type
Image view updated
Just installed and still learning it...
This app seems pretty straight forward and does what it claims. I will admit that I did not intuitively understand how to “Drop a photo here” (the only instruction on the app's opening screen) and I was frustrated that there was no text or visual guide to explain that initial step… (Yes, I’m an slow geezer)... But it didn’t take me long to figure out that I can open the source file (where the original photo is saved) to drag and drop the photo, (why can’t I select the file in Finder?). Once the photo opens in Focus 2, the remaining features are quite intuitive and easy to use. Choosing options for saving the edited photo is still a bit perplexing… (I am trying to understand the implications of each option in terms of disk usage and best practices for photo file management). For now, my saved edits go drectly into my dropbox folder to become easily accesible to my jewelry website.
Doesn't work on 2007 MacBook C2D
If I couldn't have tested this on another computer (2009 MacMini C2D), I would have given this program 1 star. It is not only super sluggish, but also fails to render real-time previews on a 2007 MacBook C2D (2GHz CPU, 2GB RAM). When working on an image, a lot of luminance noise is being displayed and one cannot discern the effect of the sliders from this noise. On the MacMini, the program seems to work, but is still less responsive than one would think it should be; compare this to a program like Pixelmator or Acorn, where filters are being displayed in real-time w/o a hitch on either of these machines. I am assuming that the program does not take advantage of GPU-accelerated rendering. Here's to hoping that the developer will be able to significantly improve the usability of the program.
On an early 2008 iMac with 4 GB RAM...This is a very quick and easy-to-use app that will definitely help you to bring focus to your photos. I use other MacPhun products: Snapheal, Intensify, FX Photo Studio, and ColorStrokes, and I can recommend their whole panoply of products. I look forward to purchasing the whole Pro set (when I can afford it), so that I can work with them within Apple’s Aperture. If you have Aperture, I would suggest that you buy the Pro set straight off, because you will want it when you see how easy these products are to use, and how much they can enhance your own work.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Apr 08, 2014
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 24.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: macphun.com, LLC
- © 2013-2014 Macphun Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor