By MacPhun LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Weekend Flash Sale - save over 50%.
Focus 2 is a must-have for photographers of all skill levels who really want to highlight the most important subject on their photos. Use custom controls and presets to add depth to images, create magical miniature effects, experiment with blurring, enhance portraits and macro shots and a lot more.
Pick among 'Macro', 'Tilt-Shift', 'Portrait', 'Nature' or 'Architecture' tools to get realistic looks in few clicks. Select any object you want to be in the focus on your shot with 'Custom Focus' tool.
- Presets for Portrait, Nature, Architecture, Macro and Tilt-Shift, with override controls to add or remove lens blur
- Custom Focus options for precision control
- Advanced Vignette, to emphasise focused objects even more
- Face recognition in the Portrait setting
- Vividness controls for boosting color
- One-click auto enhancement fixes contrast, color, brightness and more
- Crop, zoom, straighten and aspect ratio adjustment
- Real-time previews with proprietary LiveBlur™ technology
- Full gestures support: rotate, pinch, zoom, move and adjust blur strength, all with your fingers!
- Maintain your settings by saving as a Focus 2 file or export images to JPG, TIFF, PNG and more
- Send directly to iPhoto, Aperture or share on popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Flickr
- iCloud support
- Mavericks ready
Please Note: Focus 2 is an upgrade to the original Focus app created by Coppertino, Inc. Macphun has taken over development of Focus to improve it and continue its legacy as the most powerful software of its kind on Mac App Store. If you own the previous version of Focus, Focus 2 is a paid upgrade.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Thank you for using Focus 2. This update brings a number of notable performance improvements and new features. Here's what's new.
1. Enhanced blur effect - new algorithm with softer and more realistic results
2. New control for vividness - you can now create monochrome images
3. More export options. You can now export your images to Aperture, Photoshop, Lightroom, iPhoto, Fx Photo Studio, Intensify and Snapheal
4. System Share Accounts support added
5. Improved processing of RAW files
Not to mention minor bug fixes and improved performance on Macs with OS 10.7
Limited use - needs more features
Disappointing, and definitely an app for newbie or "toy" use. All it does well is make a normal scene look like a miniature (bokeh?). That specific look (which has just about run its course and is a cliche.
But - for isolating an irregular subject like a flower or a person from a background, Focus 2 cannot do this well. First, it has no Loupe view. Second, the mask brush does not come down small enough to get a good edge.
The net result is that the differential focus is kludgy and amateurish. For $5 it would be OK, but I paid $12, and that was listed as a special.
If they can add in a loupe view, AND get the brush size down smaller for the mask, AND give the ability to combine graduated softening with a brushable mask, then it could be quite useful and maybe even a $20 app.
Maybe I’m a rookie amateur, but Focus 2 really helps me improve my family and event photos quickly and easily. I’m taking quick snaps of family and friends at gathering and events, and I don’t have the time or skills to quickly focus and compose my pictures. I snap what looks good, then using tools like Focus 2, Intensify, SnapHeal Pro I can adjust good photos into really nice and interesting pictures.
I spend hours editing my photos with Focus 2. It's so easy to use, even a five-year-old child won't face any problems!
As for me, the app is very useful for editing macro shots and creating tilt-shift effect.
Also I often use auto adjustment, it saves time and the result is very good - you know, it's too boring to spend 1 hour on editing 1 photo, when you have 200 shots from your last trip :)
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Jan 06, 2014
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: macphun.com, LLC
- © 2013 Macphun Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor