Designed for people who loves their real cameras. This app offers more manual control and very useful functions for focusing and zooming.
- Manual control of focus, zoom, exposure.
- Zoom in automatically when focusing
- Impressive smooth zooming control during video recording
New interface design.
Slide to adjust and tap to take photo.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant manual video controls
Took a while to stumble across this app in the store, I was mentally preparing to roll out my own at that point… though my app’s UI wouldn’t be as on point.
The UI for smooth zoom adjustment is great, allowing with one hand to sloowly hone in on your subject while simultaneously adjusting either focus or exposure.
Excellent app so far; I would suggest to, if I may:
– implement video FPS selector (for slo-mo), record at best resolution possible for chosen FPS
– implement ProRes codec selection
– implement smooth control of focus and exposure/ISO. Tricky, as Apple only exposes ramping API for zoom
– invest a bit in error handling and edge cases (I don’t care if the app crashes on me, though if video doesn’t get saved that could be an issue. Had a few crashes but footage got correctly saved each time so far).
Works almost flawlessly!
This app does everything I expected it to do and more! The only complaints I have about it is the lack of quality control (though I was pleasantly surprised by the aspect ratio choice in video mode) and the borked zoom function in video mode. Every other functionality is impressively useful and working. Highly recommended.
focus camera (ari-yo)
it used to work on my ipad2 with iOS 9.3.5 but now it just crashes to home screen .
still works on iPhone 4 iOS 9.3.5. why one & not the other when they're practically the same thing? it's confusing. it'd be nice if it got fixed, but I've checked a few times & it's still a problem. eventually I'll just forget to check, or it'll start happening on the iPhone a well.
whatever. when it worked, it worked well. it just pisses me off that it stopped working. meep.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.