Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Featured by Product Hunt
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
• Bug Fixes and Minor Changes
• Screen Optimization for New Devices
• Improved Stability
• Bug Fix for Wrong Display Screen Size
Ratings and Reviews
Great for focus
I really didn't think I needed an app like this, as I'm fairly focused normally--or so I thought! After a successful friend raved about it, I figured I could at least give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much more focused I am when using it, as it forces me to commit and stay on task. End result is that I get way more done than before I started using it.
Here's how it has craftily gotten more work out of me. I only use it for tasks that need heavy focus. So I do a session and stay on task. Then it's break time and I say "Screw it--I'm on a roll." So I end up doing anywhere from 4 to 8 sessions in a row, with no breaks except bathroom and pour a cup of coffee. And the more sessions I do in a row, the more the challenge is on to do even more sessions.
I find it funny how I entertain myself with this. But it's really interesting the mind games I have played in the past, where I let myself get distracted in the middle of important tasks by things I "really have to do." Now, when the challenge is on, all of that stuff waits until I've done at least 8 sessions, sometimes as many as 12. And I thought I really knew myself!
Can’t set music as ticking sound :(
I had this app (the free version) on my older device, it worked perfectly! Switched to a new phone and used the auto backup process to set it and now it is all messed up.
First the app version I had didn’t even open (the only app that failed the auto move process), so I had to delete and reinstall it.
Then, the new version I installed didn’t support any of the cool features I loved so much, they are all blocked now under the “get pro version” wall.
Very poor experience to have it all open and then get a crippled version when upgrading my phone...
Ok, so I bought the pro version and guess what, the main feature that made me do it won’t even work!!
Trying to set a song from my music library as the ticking sound keep failing, and actually does nothing (won’t even open my songs list to pick from).
For me it was the main feature (it is an awesome feature) that distinguished this app from the rest of the similar apps out there.
Not only that I could set a song as ticking sound but I could also have it keep playing in the background when other sounds (videos, lectures etc) were playing simultaneously.
And now it is all gone....
Rather than that the app is fine but doesn’t offer any key advantage compared to many free timer apps.
Please fix it.
The app support link leads to a tumblr page 😩 so I had to write this review as a support ticket in addition to a message I’ve sent on tumblr (didn’t get any response to it).
Won’t let me share with family
This app works great. However I’m only giving two stars because of the family sharing problem. I’ve now bought this app twice! The first was my fault because I didn’t read where “in app” purchases couldn’t be shared. I had upgraded to pro in the app, but couldn’t share with my son who was the intended user. So I went back to the App Store to purchase the Pro version. It STILL won’t let me share the app with my son even though the description clearly states that up to 6 family members can share it. My daughter was able to download the pro version without paying more, but not my son! I don’t want to buy it a third time just to get the thing on my son’s iPad!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.