Focus Keeper : Work & Study Timer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Featured by Product Hunt
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
What's New in Version 1.8.4
- App Name Change
- Bug Fixes
Great for focus
I really didn't think I needed an app like this, as I'm fairly focused normally--or so I thought! After a successful friend raved about it, I figured I could at least give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much more focused I am when using it, as it forces me to commit and stay on task. End result is that I get way more done than before I started using it.
Here's how it has craftily gotten more work out of me. I only use it for tasks that need heavy focus. So I do a session and stay on task. Then it's break time and I say "Screw it--I'm on a roll." So I end up doing anywhere from 4 to 8 sessions in a row, with no breaks except bathroom and pour a cup of coffee. And the more sessions I do in a row, the more the challenge is on to do even more sessions.
I find it funny how I entertain myself with this. But it's really interesting the mind games I have played in the past, where I let myself get distracted in the middle of important tasks by things I "really have to do." Now, when the challenge is on, all of that stuff waits until I've done at least 8 sessions, sometimes as many as 12. And I thought I really knew myself!
missing option to customize long break
Great options, but the interface is confusing and there are no help documents at all.
Turns out that the "long break" only kicks in after 4 work/break cycles and there's no way to change that. Huge missing feature. I write in 48 minute work /12 minute rest cycles, and four of those is way too long for a longer break.
There are great options for sounds and charting of how much focused time is spent on tasks, but interface clarity could be better, and for all this customization, how weird that you can't set the option for the long break. I guess it's back to PushPress timer for me...
For people complaining about the sound clips: you can find and download whatever sounds you want, put them in your music library, and the app will play those instead. A really great feature.
Exceptionally Good Pomodoro Timer
The attention to detail in the number of options... Bravo 👏 — its as if I made the exact Pomodoro app I've always wanted. From the ability to easily add a few more minutes with a swipe, vibrations although my phone is on silent mode, fine-grained sound options. Easily the best one available. Kudos to the developer. This is an exceptionally well done app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 08, 2016
- Version: 1.8.4
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sangwon Kim
- © Limepresso
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.