Meet Focus: the best time manager for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac. Focus is the most elegant and professional way to get more wore done, working in highly efficient work sessions, one task at a time.
“[…] a tool that can genuinely make people more productive" – MacStories.net
“[…] a must-have for anyone who finds themselves easily getting distracted or forgetting to take occasional breaks." – iDownloadBlog.com
Focus Sessions are a highly efficient way to work. Focus for 25 minutes, then take a short break to relax your mind. After four sessions, take a 15 to 20 minute break. This method maximizes energy, stimulates creativity and promotes a sense of achievement.
Focus includes a lightweight task manager that lets you organize the things you want to work on intuitively. By working on one task at a time, you won’t be distracted and can focus all your attention towards completing that goal. That way you’ll be perfectly organized on your path to success.
Check what you’ve already done! Focus keeps track of your work and offers in-depth and motivating statistics. See your daily, weekly and monthly activity so you don’t lose sight of the big picture.
Seamlessly use Focus on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch. Sync across your devices using iCloud; use Handoff to pick up your current work on another device and get up-to-the-second data with iCloud Push. You can also use the Today widget to quickly glance at your progress, import tasks using the handy Action extension, and more.
FOCUS & APPLE WATCH: A PERFECT FIT
Using Focus on your wrist is a natural fit. The independent Apple Watch app is made for for easy and lightweight interactions that lets you control sessions and track your progress throughout the day. With the Focus complication, you can customize your watch face to see your current progress at a glance.
The name says it all: Focus draws your attention to the most important things. It’s designed to be unobtrusive, accessible and easy-to-use. You’ll intuitively master its collection of features just by using them.
One subscription for all devices (Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch): Focus Pro includes lightweight task management, in-depth activity data, fast and secure iCloud sync to have your data across all your devices and more for $4.99 monthly / $39.99 annually.
If you have any questions or ideas, please write us at email@example.com
(1) The duration of every period of the subscription is either 1 month or 1 year. (2) The price of the subscription is shown in the Focus' purchase view updated to the time of the purchase. (3) Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase or the end of the free trial period, if any. (4) The length of the free trial period, if any, is shown in the Focus purchase view updated to the time of the purchase. (5) Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. (6) Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, with the same amount as the first period. (7) Subscriptions and to-renewal can be managed / turned off in the iTunes account settings.
Terms of Service: https://www.masterbuilders.io/terms
- Minor changes.
- New appearance options: a real black background, new options to change the main theme color and app icon
- New drag & drop functionality: drag tasks from OmniFocus, mails from Mail or links from Safari into your task list to get a tappable backlink
- New separate Siri Shortcuts to start a Focus session or a break
- Live updates for the task activity
- Quickly set the session length by swiping with two fingers on the timer
- Better sync performance
- Bug fixes and improvements
We're always happy to hear your thoughts and feedback: @focusappio on Twitter and firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Use This App Every Day
I tried a number of Pomodoro timer apps across my phone and Apple Watch. They were all pretty good on the phone. Some had a little more functionality than others including premium services. The big issue was with the watch part of the app. I wanted the watch and phone apps to sync and I wanted to have the watch as the main controller while working. I work from home and often don’t know where my phone is during the day but the watch is always strapped on. With Focus the session modifications are managed on the phone. Once they’re set up the sessions can be controlled solely on the watch. I had questions about a couple things and emailed the developer. He was very responsive and helpful. So far I haven’t purchased the premium product but plan on buying it soon.
Watch app looks great, but is unreliable
My primary use case for this app is on my Watch. I rely on it to tap when it’s time to take a break, or when my break is done. However, it fails to consistently do this – sometimes I get the tap as expected, other times I’m working away and realizing that it’s been much more than 25 minutes, why didn’t it tell me? When I look, sometimes the complication is waiting for me to respond, other times it’s counting time *up* instead of down!
Also, “Sessions Until Long Break” has been consistently off by one. I have it set to 4, but it actually takes 5 sessions before I get a long break. (Does it start counting from zero internally? I’ve just tried setting it to 3 to see what happens.)
The Watch complications look fantastic, and I *really* want to love this app. But I can’t depend on it to consistently tell me when time is up, or correctly identify when my long break starts.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We’ll look into these issues. In the meantime, we have some tips and tricks that should solve most of the problems you’re describing. Please get in touch: email@example.com. Thanks! Best, Jan
A must for any creative person
I’m an avid writer and keeping track of my writing sessions has always been somewhat of a challenge. That was until I discovered the pomodoro technique. Intuitively, I began looking for an app to assist me in tracking my sessions. Luckily, I found Focus. I have to admit that at first I was very skeptical. Actually, I gave up on Focus at one point. But I simply couldn’t find anything better. Then, they released an update around the release date of the iPhone X and it was everything I was looking for in a pomodoro tracker with the analysis, insight and stability lacking not only in the previous version but also from every other version of every other pomodoro tracker app. If you are a productivity app junkie like me, look no further. This app is easily in my top 3.
- 86.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Masterbuilders
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Annual Subscription $39.99
- Annual Subscription Promo $33.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.