By Destek Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Keep multiple pairs of folders in sync, quickly and easily. Great for backups and for managing content on USB drives, memory cards, and other computers/drives on your network.
View differences between pairs of folders on screen using user defined coloured coding.
Folder Sync allows you to utilise a fully automatic sync (Sync to Left, Sync to Right or Sync Both Ways) making only the required changes to keep this as fast as possible.
You can also manually manipulate the files yourself in order to copy or delete just the files you select for the ultimate in control, something that other synchronisation applications do not offer.
Built in scheduling abilities and option to run as a Menu Bar Application.
Notable Features are...
• Run as Menu Bar App or Standard App.
• Extremely Fast Comparison Engine based on Modified Date and File Size.
• Extremely Fast Synchronization Options as only the files that are different are manipulated.
• Ability to save pairs of folders to Presets for quick and easy repeat of synchronisation.
• Schedule Presets to run at any specific time on any chosen days (iCal not required).
• Presets can be set to repeat automatically at user defined time intervals.
• Presets can be grouped to allow complex backup sets to be created and run with ease in the Sync Queue.
• Users have the choice of using automatic synchronisation options or performing copy and delete tasks Manually.
• Provides a preview of all changes that will take place prior to actually committing those changes to disk.
• Sync external Hard Disks (USB, NAS etc) with your Mac and vice-versa
• Sync Macs across a network.
• Multi-Touch track pad support offering fast scrolling and difference navigation.
• Quick Look and Finder Integration.
• Very Configurable Interface and Synchronisation options.
• Extensive filtering abilities to allow you focus on the differences that need your attention as well as easily excluding folders/files.
• Powerful built in selection commands allowing you to quickly grab the files you need, great for those manual synchronisations!
• 64-Bit Cocoa Application.
• Compatible with Lion.
• Growl Support.
• Run Syncs in a Sync Queue at the same time as working on another Sync in the main window.
• Extensive Logging System
*** Please contact Destek Support if you have any issues and we will do whatever we can to assist. Thank you. ***
What's New in Version 1.4.7
More fixes for Mavericks.
- Fixes preset editing issues
- Fixes sync option editing issues
- Fixes preset group editing issues
- Requires OSX 10.7+
This small piece of software is incredible. I really wish it was built into the OS some how but at least its available from Destek. I have it installed on all my computers and use it constantly to backup large volumes of media. I have so much trust in this software and never drag and drop large volumes of files anymore. One of the greates things is if you cancel a download all the files that are already synced, remain transferred so you can pick up right where you left off. Great work on this software Destek.
Slow Downhill Slide...
I used to really like this program to copy selected folders to a NAS drive, however I started having problems with it this year and am giving up on it. It doesn’t always copy all files or copies the files and the files are unusable on the NAS drive (I had some iWork files that would not open). If I manually copy the same files through finder, everything is fine and I don’t have the same problems. I also had problems getting it to save sync groups... would give errors and not save the groups. I give up. Just wrote and applescript script to use rcopy to do the same thing and it is realiable and faster.
UI looks slick but it fails in doing its primary job
I was hopefull this application would work and initially was excited by the UI and all the options. That quickly ended once I click the start button on the sync. It failed to copy over 80% of the changed files between two different drives. I loaded another tool which had no issues. Should have noticed the 19 one star ratings! Stay away.