Folders - Private File Storage and Viewing
By Ryan McCormack
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Folders you can privately store files from your PC or Mac and view them on your iPhone or iPod. Securely password protect and even hide entire folders of your private documents! Import photos and videos directly from the camera! You can also store and view PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents. Folders now supports creating and editing text files too!
With Folders transferring your files to the iPhone has never been easier! Transfer files to and from your PC or Mac via WiFi, even share files between iPhones! With Folders you can manage your documents using a web browser on any PC on your WiFi network. You can also import files directly from the Web, from the Photo Library, or your iPhone camera. Folders also has built in support for unzipping archive files so you can move large numbers of files at once to your iPhone.
- Manage your folders and upload files to your iPhone via WiFi from your PC or Mac
- Create hidden folders that only appear after you enter your password
- Lock folders to prevent viewing and deletion by anyone without your password
- Store and view images, movies, and documents (PDF, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Text)
- Create and edit text files
- Import photos and video directly from the iPhone camera and media gallery
- Download files from the web using the built in browser
- Support for unzipping zip archive files
- Export files to any PC on your network with WiFi export
- Great for importing eBooks
- Works in portrait and landscape mode
- Supports gestures when viewing files including pinching, zooming, panning and paging
- Folders also doubles as a viewer for all your files. Folders supports all of the following file types, and more:
Images (jpg, gif, png, bmp)
Video (mp4, m4v, mov)
Audio (mp3, aac)
Office (doc, excel, powerpoint)
Text (PDF, txt)
INSTRUCTIONS & TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE:
http://ractorsoftware.com/support.html has a User Guide with instructions on how to use the application, including how to import files from both Macs and PCs.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT UPDATING: To ensure a smooth update with any iPhone software, please turn off the iPhone and start it fresh before downloading the update. Allow the program to finish updating before doing anything else with the iPhone.
NOTE ABOUT EMAIL ATTACHMENTS: Please note that you cannot save email attachments to Folders. Saving email attachments is the job of the email program and cannot be added to any 3rd party application.
Keywords: Photo Vault, Video Vault, Photo Safe, Video Safe, Picture Safe, Picture Vault, Air Sharing, FileMagnet
What's New in Version 2.6
- iOS 6 fixes
- Airplay playback
- Lock fix for iOS 5 & 6
- Video playback updates for iOS 5 & 6
worked perfect until the new 2.6 version
been using this app for over 2 years, it was perfect.
easy to use, fast to transfer, read and share files.
it's too bad that this new version (oct. 2012) doesn't support landscape mode!
I hope it's just a glitch that they'll fix soon!
Well this used to be the first app of its kind, holding things in locked and hidden folders. Now, however, you can get way better apps to do the same thing with many more features. This app converts any photos you put into it to just like screen shots almost. You can never RE-SAVE the original picture back to your photo gallery. Don't waste your money here when you can get the same thing plus more elsewhere.
Had app for years
Almost sure i had to pay for it back then Was a good app hard to rename files. And now there's no landscape mode. And they want u to pay for an upgrade. Think its time to try another app.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Oct 08, 2012
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ryan McCormack
- © Ryan McCormack
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.