For those who love plain text. FoldingText is the markdown text editor with productivity features. Unlike other editors, FoldingText does outlining, todo lists, and more.
“An incredibly easy-to-use combination of plain text based tools.”
– Pierre Wizla, AppStorm.net
“It seems kind of crazy until you start to use it for a bit. Then, it seems like magic.”
– Patrick Rhone, MinimalMac.com
• Plain text
• Outline formatting
• Fold and Focus to see
• Capture your thoughts
• Write clear, focused documents
• Organize your work, to-dos, and more.
Plain Text Productivity
• To-do Lists
• And more…
Watch the Movie
New Outline View
- View your entire document structure at a glance
- Single-click to jump to an item in your document.
- Double-click to focus on an item in your document.
- View > Show Outline View, or Cmd-Alt-T
- Fix: Paddle registration issues
- Fix: Random crash on application startup
- Fix: Composition helper not showing up at cursor location
- Fix: Allow Alt-Space to enter Non-breaking Space within text
- Fix: Drag-drop not working
- Fix: Drag-drop links to url not pasting actual url
- Fix: Text becoming visually thinner near the bottom of the window
- Fix: Emails containing _ were not fully detected
If you're enjoying using FoldingText, please consider leaving a positive review and rating in the App Store. If you've reviewed or rated FoldingText before, please consider resubmitting it as ratings are reset with each release. Thank you so much for your support! We really appreciate it!
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so good it moved me to write a review to support this creative developer. I have not begun to scratch the surface of what this text application is capable of doing. It is becoming an integral part of my work and task management. I love that I can keep track of my billing time in a text file with the stopwatch function. Please buy this app so the developer can keep creating his magic.
Love the whole premise of “folding text” and the fact that it so seamlessly handles markdown text files. I’ve used NVAlt for handling my text notes library for years — and still do for organization and searching — but FoldingText is the one editor that I liked so much that I have it set up as the default external editor for all composition and editing.
Sleek, elegant, buggy, constrained. I thought I had finally found a decent outliner. Figured out the wonderfully simple range of commands quickly. Accepted the limitations (e.g. no choice of typeface). For a couple days happily organized a bunch of notes.
Then poof, something went wrong and the entire outline disappeared. Nothing to fix — the entire thing was lost.
Hasn’t been maintained in >2 years — which is a bit sad for a $30 program.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.