Family Locator keeps you informed about the location of your loved ones.
Typical use includes receiving instant push notifications when
- Your partner leave or reach their office
- Your kids leave school or reach home or any other location
*Downloaded worldwide in more than 150 countries*
- Follow your family or friends
- Using geofencing add custom locations where you want to follow them
- Receive push notifications when your family or friend enters or exit a location
- Runs in the background
- Auto check-ins when you enter or leave a location, no need to check-in manually
- View last 3 days or last 30 notifications
- View a snapshot of where each of your family member is.
- View recent locations on the map along with detailed track they followed
- View detailed information such as how far a person is from their last location, how much time they have spent, what was their travel time etc.
Locations can be an office, school, station, home, shopping centre or any area you want to follow.
Optimized battery usage
We use special algorithm to reduce battery usage. Location services including gps are automatically switched to stationary mode when the user hasn't moved for a few minutes
Receive Real Time push notifications
No need to check-in manually, when you enter or leave a location the app checks you in automatically and all the people following you get notified instantly
We take privacy very seriously. Anyone who wants to follow you will ask for your permission before they can follow you.
We don't access your Phone Contacts, so it's completely private and secure between you and the person you are following.
We don't display any ads, saving you from distractions
Unlimited Location Alerts(Geofences)
You can set as many location alerts as you want
Please submit your queries and feature requests by clicking Support at http://www.reactapps.com/followme.html
We use secured servers throughout
Getting started guide and feedback
- Free subscription which allows you to send and receive location updates for 14 days. You can purchase monthly, or yearly subscription within the app using in app purchase
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- This app needs to be installed on the phone of the person you want to follow
- Continued usage of location services running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Enhance Family Map
Ratings and Reviews
Too inconsistent, too high maintenance
Every week or so I have to re-open the app on both my and my wife’s phones to keep it sending updates, even without having ever closed the app in the first place. And it can easily be disabled by either not using it for about a week or simply closing it. The update time takes several minutes (with a 5g or lte connection) from when I open the app, so if one didn’t have patience, it would appear broken. The point of this is to find a lost phone. If a thief puts it in airplane mode, turns it off, battery dies or thief erase+reinstalls iOS, game over with ‘live location’ apps. But this one lets me see location history up to that disappearance, thus helping me find it. Useless if it can’t keep itself going in background automatically, like the now defunct Fonehome or google timeline location history can. So I will go back to google, but will miss the auto-notifications from this app.
I really like this app. It automatically lets both of us know when the other leaves the house and arrives at work or the expected destination by push notification. If I’m concerned if someone is stuck in traffic or whatever, I can instantly see where they are on the map. The one thing I don’t like is you only get a freeze frame of your target and you have to keep refreshing to keep track. It would really be nice if they would update the app to keep track of the car in real time as it moves along on the highway.
Thanks for your feedback Mark, happy to hear you like the app. We'll definitely look into auto refreshing the map, the main challenge we've is we don't want to consume too much battery.
I have been trying to get this app to work since this morning. I have removed it and reinstalled it 5 times and it's still doing the same thing. It constantly acts like it's loading something new and it's hard to change to a different tab or even see what is happening for the tab I'm on. This deserves no stars.
I went through every accessible setting in the app and every setting on my phone. I found out after talking with other family members that I'm not the only one who had this problem. And after everything we have seen we are choosing a different app for our family.
Hi, can you please check if your internet is on and not disabled for this app. If you can raise a support ticket at http://www.reactapps.com/followme.html we'll be able to respond to your queries more quicker.
- React Apps Pty Ltd
- 24.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 React Apps Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription for 1 $0.99
- Monthly Family Pack for 2 $1.99
- Monthly Family Pack for 4 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.