By Guillaume Carre
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FollowShows is the easiest way to keep track of when all your favorite shows are airing. Easily track what shows you have watched and which episodes are on next. You can configure notifications so you never miss another episode again. Want to know when game of thrones comes back? We got you covered.
"FollowShows lets you see a schedule with just your favorite shows on it, get notifications, and watch it from one place no matter where it's available online.
“Whether you want to know when to tune in live or or know when your shows have aired so you can find them online, FollowShows is an aptly-named website where you can quickly check to see a schedule of only shows you choose to follow.”
“Their tagline is ‘Never miss an episode again,’ and with the ability to get notifications via the website, email, and RSS or add the new episode schedule to Google calendar, it’s your fault if you do miss an episode"
- Keep track of episodes you have watched
- Easily see when your shows are airing this week
- Find out when shows are returning from hiatus
- push notifications alert you before show time (you can turn this off)
- Find recommendations based on what other people watch similar to you
- Find links to watch episodes online via popular services
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- Fixed the Facebook login issues
- Removed annoying "follow show" notifications
- Notifications now play a notification sound
This is the last iOS6 compatible version, next version will be for iOS7 only.
It is hundreds of thousands of you now, thank you for your support, keep the feedback coming to firstname.lastname@example.org !
2 thumbs up
Update: I've been using this app for quite some time now. The app still works great and I use it regularly. I just wanted to update my review to comment on the fact that it's FREE, too. I just heard about some other app that charges $4 for the same service. Lame.. Keep it up, FollowShows.
Wow - what a simple yet awesome app.
As someone who has been spoiled by OnDemand, Netflix, etc. (watching episodes one after the other) - this whole "waiting a week for a new episode" thing has left me confused at the start of every new episode of my favorite shows. One of my favorite features of this app is the episode summaries, so before I watch a new episode I can get back on track with the storyline.
Also, this app has more than once reminded me to tune in with it's alerts when I've totally lost track of time.
Anyway, thumbs up for this app I didn't really think I needed but have discovered I really love!
Good app but need some updates
I love the app, it works well and does its job.
A few comments though:
- please fix the issue that stops music from playing when opening Followshows
- Update the UI to take advantage of the iPhone 6 bigger screen real estate. Right now it looks zoned in. It's not bad at all, it could just be better.
- Update the UI to be a bit more modern and current (flat UI or something like that) but that is just a personal preference.
Great app! Great interface! Great service !
This is what I want every iOS app to be - easy to use and excellent customer service. Just for giggles I left feedback that a couple shows weren't available to track - and within hours they were added. I can't remember ever writing an app review before - but this one deserves it. Excellent!