Food Additive Assistant
By Smartphone Software Development
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This application can be used to assist shoppers by informing them what the food additive numbers mean. For example if you see flavour enhancer 621 on a packet of chips this application will show you this is MSG and a small amount of detail on MSG along with any warnings.
All you need to do is search for the number in the search bar or scroll through the table of 400+ known food additives.
We have added warnings for vegetarians where an additive can sometimes be derived from animal products. This indicates that the additive is also usually or sometimes derived from non animal products. So the user needs to do some homework too.
Database will be constantly updated and made available via in app database updater. Warnings for particular hazards are new in this version we hope you find it beneficial. We have identified certain additives that have known negative or harmful side effects and will continue to update this information regularly.
You can now follow us from twitter: http://twitter.com/SPSD_FAA We will post updates and notices on twitter so you can see where we are going.
Please feel free to email us regarding bugs, mistakes, omissions or enhancements.
What's New in Version 2.2.12
We have redesigned the interface for better ease of use.
- selecting the icon in the list will show all additives that have similar warnings. selecting it again will show all additives again.
- selecting the category text will show all additives that share the category type.
- added push notifications to alert users that new databases or new versions are available.
- we may extend the notifications to sending tips to those interested in further food additives.
- we have also added new info for gluten intolerant users.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 04, 2011
- Version: 2.2.12
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Damien Cooke
- © Smartphone Software Development
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.