MyNetDiary is the easiest to use and most comprehensive food diary and calorie counter app on the iPad. MyNetDiary helps people lose weight naturally - by eating better and making better daily food choices, achieving your goals faster.
MyNetDiary is based on proven science - it's rated as the #1 mobile diet app in an independent study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
The New York Times, comparing to MyFitnessPal, calls MyNetDiary “simpler… quicker… Also, it looks nicer."
MyNetDiary for iPad is thoughtfully designed and optimized for the iPad from the ground up, so planning and tracking foods and exercise have never been easier. MyNetDiary has a huge 690,000 foods database, barcode scanner, and great diet tips and analysis helping you stay motivated for healthy weight loss.
MyNetDiary has been featured in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Consumer Reports, NPR Morning Edition, Health Magazine, Good Housekeeping, and more.
ONLY IN MYNETDIARY:
* Simple, easy, and fast food entry. As simple and intuitive as a paper journal, only much, much faster - with over 690,000 foods at your fingertips.
* The only food diary in the world that is so fast that it searches as you type.
* Built-in barcode scanner.
* PhotoFoods service - if a food is not in the database or out-of-date, send its photos from the app and we will enter or update the food for you, saving your time.
* Works great offline without Internet connection, and syncs to the "cloud" - MyNetDiary.com when Internet is available.
* Access your diary online or with any of MyNetDiary's top-rated mobile apps. No setup, no third party services, no waiting to sync.
* "Easy to use, beautiful on the iPad.”
* "Excellent app! If you are serious about losing weight and getting fit then this is a must have app."
* "This is the first solution that is quick, intuitive, and beautiful."
* "This is the best of the lot by far, it is superbly designed.”
* "This app has really changed my life.”
WHAT MAKES MYNETDIARY THE BEST
* Great food database - over 690,000 foods. Over 400,000 foods were entered by us and 290,000 popular foods were contributed by our members. UPDATED DAILY!
* Start typing and MyNetDiary will instantly find your foods while you type. Foods you ate before are found after typing 3-4 letters!
* Easy, comprehensive, and sensible diet planning
* Up to 45 nutrients, including carbs, protein, all types of fat, sugars, fiber, sodium, cholesterol, vitamins, and minerals
* Multiple serving types for most foods - grams, oz, cups
* Daily and Weekly Analysis - learn how you can improve your overall diet and eat more healthfully
* Tracks your water intake
* Optional PIN code for your privacy
* High-quality, beautifully-designed app
* IT IS SO EASY TO USE!
* Beautiful, interactive weight, nutrient and measurement charts.
* Food Score - helps with understanding the food labels at a glance
* An Online Community supported by a Registered Dietitian.
* 500+ activities and exercise calculating calories based on your weight, intensity and time or distance
The list of features is huge, but MyNetDiary makes them easy to use:
* Custom foods and exercise
* Recipe editor
* Favorite foods and exercises
* Vitamins & medications tracking
* Food time tracking - helps you accurately track smaller and more frequent meals
* Track all body measurements, blood pressure, hours of sleep, daily steps, and more
* Nutrient and macronutrient balance planning, helpful for low-carb diets
Backed up by MyNetDiary.com
* Your diary is safely stored on our servers, and can be accessed online - for food and exercise entry, data backup, and Community participation.
* MyNetDiary mobile apps are available on all leading mobile platforms - access your iPad diary on the go from your phone.
* Critical fix for PIN code entry problem.
* Several other minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Nutrition/Diet App Ever!
I am so impressed with this app. It's very easy to use, incredibly comprehensive, and completely unbiased. The nutrition advice/library is very informative. Being able to track micro and macro nutrients can reveal things about your diet you didn't realize. I'm consistently way over the recommended daily intake of sodium and had no idea. Being able to load a recipe using the barcodes of ingredients is so simple. You do it once, save it, and it's always there ready to go when you have it again. The food database is extensive. The app tracks your intake each day and gives you tips for problem areas and congratulates you when you stay within goals. There are several graphs available to make it easier to see your individual results. I highly recommend this to anyone trying to lose weight, or follow a healthier diet. I'm a medical professional, and honestly, this app and its developers have done a high quality, outstanding job. It's definitely worth the price.
Poor food choices
I have this app as well MyFitnessPal and Lose It!. This app is the easiest to use but i don’t like its food library. Many items are missing, like popular cereals. Nothing for Wheat Checks or Rice Checks and many others. Most food items are grocery store items. For example, if I want to get the information on a bowl of oatmeal I get the information on a serving of dried Mothers Oats. To enter a turkey sandwich I had to select a Subway turkey submarine sandwich. Lose It! does a much better job for me when I enter a food item. It is also much easier to create a custom meal (for example my usual breakfast: oatmeal, almond milk, a banana and some almonds). Once a custom meal is created you just click on it and all the items are downloaded. I eat out a lot, Lose It has the menu items for most of the restaurants near my home making it very easy, and very exact, to find the calories of a restaurant item. And if there is a nearby restaurant that they haven’t downloaded their menu, they will contact the restaurant and ask them for their menu.
Effective but disappointing
I was using a different app to manage my diet and got tired of it and saw MyNetDiary as a very promising. I got the iPhone app and was very impressed. I really liked it. The system is good. The food library is very decent. I can’t expect a perfect library when scanning bar codes, but best I’ve seen so far among this type of app. It’s also easy to send in new foods. I thought to try the iPad version. This is where the disappointment came. The app seems a like a bad version of the website and iPhone app. The numbers don’t quite exactly match. The iPad app is fundamentally a different app than the iPhone app. I’m not saying both apps need to be exactly the same, especially if the iPad app is a separate paid app. Key features should match up. The settings menu shouldn’t be completely different and unrecognizable. The app is missing the dashboard, let alone how you can customize the dashboard app on the iPhone. I would give this app 5 stars if these large flaws are corrected.
- MyNetDiary Inc.
- 34.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015, MyNetDiary Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.