The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app was reviewed and evaluated by a medical jury and was awarded with the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018.*
It contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, nickel, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
The app does not replace medical care and should not be used for diagnostic purposes. While the information provided here has been compiled to the best knowledge of the author, mistakes happen, since it is a complex matter, which depends closely on the individual person. We are constantly working to improve the app, but information may be wrong and may even contain harmful recommendations. The Baliza GmbH disclaims any liability as a developer of this app for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information and any resulting damages, consequential damages and other disadvantages. The assertion of claims of any kind is excluded.
• Direct access to our blog with interesting articles on the subject of food intolerances
• Content revision of several entries in the food database
• More foods added
• Some design changes
• Improved performance
• Fixed order of search results in search function
Ratings and Reviews
Great app so far! One question, in the info section it mentions there's a fructose to glucose ratio, but when searching for a food, I don't see it. For example banana chips, shows sucrose in grams and %, and free fructose, but I'm not seeing a glucose ratio? Please help!
Developer Response ,
in the sensitivities setup you can find the option "Show detailed infos" for Fructose. When you activate it, you will be able to see the F/G ratio.
Best app out there
This is the best app out there for this info
Not User Friendly
I’m having trouble navigating this app. How do I adjust my food intolerance? Is there no way to record what I have actually eaten and symptoms?
- Baliza GmbH
- 55 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Additional allergens $0.99
- Nutritional values $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.