By Baliza GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
* This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but foods and products categories in general. It offers you all the information you need to deal with your intolerance and avoid common mistakes.
The app does not replace medical care and should not be used for diagnostic purposes. While the information provided here has been compiled to the best knowledge of the author, mistakes happen, since it is a complex matter, which depends closely on the individual person. We are constantly working to improve the app, but information may be wrong and may even contain harmful recommendations. The Baliza GmbH disclaims any liability as a developer of this app for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information and any resulting damages, consequential damages and other disadvantages. The assertion of claims of any kind is excluded.
What's New in Version 4.0
It has been a while since we last updated the app, so we put our shoulder to the wheel and completely redesigned the app. Here's a list of the most important changes:
• We significantly increased the number of food items
• We reviewed and updated all information
• Carbohydrates are now divided into fructose, lactose, sorbitol, oligosaccharides and FODMAPs (reconfiguration required)
• Tyramine intolerance can now be configured separately
• The new rating algorithm considers the portion size
• Portion size can be changed by clicking on the plate icon
• We introduced a new sorting function
• The sliders now dynamically affect the color rating
• All individual changes are now summarized in the category "My edits"
• A new control bar allows for quick changes of the setup
• Allergens are now indicated by small icons next to the food name
• The app can be adapted to a vegetarian lifestyle
• Caution: The cross reactivity filters are not compatible with the expanded food database and should be disabled
• The app has a new and improved design
We hope you like the improvements and really appreciate your feedback. If you have a moment, please, leave us a review! We enjoy reading what you have to say!
It's a start
I can't find the part that explains what "ASA" means, and the foods are rather unorthodox to an American palate (ostrich?). But I still reco it bc it helps keep a lot of info straight when your dining out or grocery shopping. Also - can we add our own foods ? That would solve some of that issue of unusual foods. UPDATE: I can't seem to update the app - anyone else having this problem? All my other apps are updating just fine...
Excellent, detailed, loaded with
every thing you need to know
about foods allergies and intollerance. Great job. Must have
I wish I could "return" it
I read other reviews saying this was more useful than the main FODMAP one, but I don't find it to be more useful. It's just a list and doesn't contain much else, at least not much that I couldn't find via a quick google search.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Aug 26, 2017
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 52.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German
- Seller: Baliza GmbH
- © Baliza GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Allergy and filter pack$0.99
- Nutrition facts: glycemic index, glycemic load, omega3, omega6, vitamins$0.99