The app Food Intolerances is a tool to help everyone who has to stick to a restricted diet because of food intolerances or allergies. Typical application cases are: histamine intolerance, mastocytosis, fructose malabsorption, sorbitol intolerance, aspirin intolerance, gluten sensitivity, lactose intolerance or a diet low in FODMAPs.
The app was reviewed and evaluated by a medical jury and was awarded with the Digital Health Heroes Award 2018.*
It contains more than 900 foods that are commented and rated in view of the following subjects:
- Carbohydrate malabsorptions
• Sorbitol and other sugar alcohols
• Oligosaccharides (e.g. fructans and galactans)
• FODMAPs (total)
- Histamine intolerance
• Histamine content
• Tyramine content
• Histamine liberators and DAO inhibitors
• Problematic medicines
• Food additives
- Salicylate intolerance
• Salicylate content
• Problematic food additives
- Other intolerances and allergies
Filters for gluten, wheat, soy, yeast, sulfites, dairy, egg, fish, meat, pork, beef and honey
- More features
• Detailed info texts
• Flexibly adjustable rating system
• Filter function
• Sorting function
• Possibility to write notes and manually adjust the rating
• Adjustable portion size
• Shopping list
• Direct link to Wikipedia articles
• No internet connection required
- Nutrition facts (in-app purchase)
• General nutrition facts (e.g. energy, protein, salt, omega-3, ...)
• Minerals and micronutrients (e.g. iron, zinc, calcium, nickel, ...)
• Vitamins A to K
• Recommended daily intake
• Glycemic index and glycemic load
• Sort foods by nutrition values (works in combination with the filter function)
** This app doesn’t rate brand specific products, but common foods and basic food categories. It provides you with all the information needed to deal with your intolerance and to avoid common mistakes.
The app does not replace medical care and should not be used for diagnostic purposes. While the information provided here has been compiled to the best knowledge of the author, mistakes happen, since it is a complex matter, which depends closely on the individual person. We are constantly working to improve the app, but information may be wrong and may even contain harmful recommendations. The Baliza GmbH disclaims any liability as a developer of this app for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of the information and any resulting damages, consequential damages and other disadvantages. The assertion of claims of any kind is excluded.
• Direct access to our blog with interesting articles on the subject of food intolerances
• Content revision of several entries in the food database
• More foods added
• Some design changes
• Improved performance
• Fixed order of search results in search function
Ratings and Reviews
It's a start
I can't find the part that explains what "ASA" means, and the foods are rather unorthodox to an American palate (ostrich?). But I still reco it bc it helps keep a lot of info straight when your dining out or grocery shopping. Also - can we add our own foods ? That would solve some of that issue of unusual foods. UPDATE: I can't seem to update the app - anyone else having this problem? All my other apps are updating just fine...
ASA is the abbreviation for acetylsalicylic acid and represents "Salicylate intolerance". Although unusual, some of the exotic foods may be interesting to people with certain allergies. We just recently released an update with a significantly increased food database, we hope you like the new version better! Update: If you send me an email from within the app I am more than happy to help you!
Wonderful app but.........
New updates have made some foods high in salicylates as green. Misleading
This app is wonderful! Every update has been wonderful but notice a few foods missing. One is plain corn and corn on the cob. They have corn salad......don't even know what that is. Greens (collards, turnip etc) missing as well. I would also like information on medicinal herbs like milk thistle, ashwagandha, St. John's Wort etc. I find conflicting information on the web. Every food intolerance imaginable is listed as well as other allergies. Great app.
Gotta Have App
I found this app extremely useful in navigating foods given my histamine intolerance. The best part is being able to set the level of intolerance (moderate, severe, etc) which adjusts how foods may affect you. It can be tricky when not everyone reacts the same way - but as a general guideline this is awesome. Thank you!
- Baliza GmbH
- 55 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Baliza GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Additional allergens $0.99
- Nutritional values $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.