Food Network In the Kitchen
By Television Food Network G.P.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Hall of Fame App and One of the Top Recipe Apps in the App Store. Now with recipe VIDEOS!**
Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes with In the Kitchen, the award-winning, top-rated recipe app, now available for FREE!
Cook with Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and more. Check out their recipe videos and get helpful tips from our library of HOW-TO VIDEOS. Save your favorite Food Network recipes, access your own personal recipes saved on FoodNetwork.com, add ingredients to your GROCERY LIST and more with the new and improved RECIPE BOX.
Now get Food Network on your Apple Watch! The perfect companion for your iPhone:
- See which show is on Food Network now and what's coming up next.
- See which recipes are being prepared on TV (for shows that have recipes available).
- Add recipes directly to your Recipe Box from your Apple Watch.
- NEW RECIPES added every month.
- THOUSANDS OF RECIPES, VIDEOS AND PHOTOS from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows, making it fun and easy to cook like the pros.
- WATCH HELPFUL RECIPE VIDEOS on select recipes.
- SEARCH BY CHEF OR INGREDIENT to fit your needs and tastes.
- USE YOUR APPLE WATCH to add recipes directly to your Recipe Box.
- BROWSE REGULARLY UPDATED SEASONAL COLLECTIONS, including:
~~ Fan Favorites
~~ Quick & Easy
- SAVE FAVORITE RECIPES TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED RECIPE BOX:
~~ Save Food Network recipes and access your personal recipes as well as recipes from other websites to create a one-stop-shop for all your favorite recipe content.
~~ Share with friends and family straight from the Recipe Box via Facebook, Twitter and email.
- ADD YOUR OWN NOTES, TIPS AND SUBSTITUTIONS to each recipe for quick and easy reference.
- ADD INGREDIENTS AND OTHER SHOPPING ITEMS TO YOUR PERSONAL GROCERY LIST, which you can access even without a network connection.
- SHARE recipes on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and via email.
- USE THE UNIT CONVERTER to easily convert your recipes by volume or weight.
- USE MULTIPLE COOKING TIMERS to keep tabs on several recipes at once.
- READ USER RATINGS AND REVIEWS for individual recipes to discover what other Food Network fans loved or changed about each dish.
- SHOP for all your cooking needs in the Food Network Store.
Additional features for the iPad include:
- Our HOW-TO VIDEOS section provides helpful tips and tricks on everything from baking to knife skills, everyday basics and top cooking techniques (only available in the U.S. due to licensing restrictions).
- The interactive MEAL PLANNER helps you name and organize your menu for special occasions and every day meals.
Please note that videos are only available for playback in the United States due to licensing restrictions.
Food Network In the Kitchen is compatible with iOS 7 and iOS 8 for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
What's New in Version 4.8
- Now get Food Network on your Apple Watch! See what's on Food Network now and instantly add recipes to your Recipe Box.
- We've improved your search experience on iPad.
- Now see the number of ratings for recipes on iPhone.
- Fixed the recipe list page loading problems on the Chefs pages.
- Other bug fixes.
Causes blank Glance in Apple Watch app
I noticed a blank Glance (in the list of Glances in the iPhone watch app) when I first setup my Apple Watch. When adding it, it does not appear on the watch screen (blank or otherwise). I contacted Apple support and after extensive troubleshooting, the only solution was to unpair, reset and re-pair my Apple watch to my iPhone. After all the apps were reinstalled, once again, I had a blank Glance. I went through every app in the iPhone Watch app and turned off all glances which did not help so I uninstalled all apps. Still show a blank Glance. I finally made a spreadsheet of all apps on my watch and which ones had glances available, checked off the ones that were displaying correctly and narrowed it down to two apps. I deleted both apps off my iPhone and voila! the blank Glance was gone. I added both back one and a time and the blank glance appeared after I added the Food Network ITK app. I wound up deleted it again off my iPhone and the blank glance is gone. I will be reporting this to the Food Network developers.
Won't display saved recipes
With version 4.8 (April 2015) the app will no longer display many saved recipes if they're organized in folders (I get only 25 of 45 in one as an example). Plus many won't display any content (ingredients or instructions). So if you want to access your recipe box you need to use a computer, which defeats the entire purpose of BUYING the app in the first place. Tech support is totally unresponsive. They give some answer that's totally incorrect or ask for more info which I've provided, then never hear a thing back. This version was supposed to correct the mistakes of 4.7 earlier in April but doesn't. Total lack of quality control by Food Network, they should be ashamed. Plus bring back version 4.6 that worked fine until they do a better job of updating it.
I'm a guy who likes to cook on a whim and this is the go to site for me. Love their recipes and can't believe the app is FREE. Don't tell anybody but I use your recipes at my parties and my guests only stop talking about how good the food is when they are shoveling more of it into their giant pie holes.
Guy Fieri should be visiting my house any day and telling me how legit my cooking is because of all the great things I learned from this FREE app! They also have a Food Network on the Road app that I use every week when I travel. Thanks Food Network for all the awesome stomach busting ideas that you provide.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Television Food Network G.P.
- © 2012 Television Food Network G.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.