Food Network In the Kitchen
By Television Food Network G.P.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE ALL-NEW FOOD NETWORK IN THE KITCHEN APP IS HERE!
Rated as one of the *top recipe apps* in the App Store, Food Network’s In the Kitchen app is your one-stop shop for all things food. Get instant access to our most-popular recipes from Alton Brown, Giada De Laurentiis, Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, Guy Fieri and many more. Need inspiration for your next meal? Or looking for a recipe that's on TV now? Our new app will help you do just that! Finding delicious recipes from your favorite Food Network chefs and shows has never been this quick and easy.
With this app, you can:
FIND RECIPES ON TV:
- Instantly save recipes from your favorite Food Network shows, even ones that are *on TV right now*.
- Search for the perfect recipe to satisfy your meal-planning needs. Narrow down your search by chef, course and *recently aired* recipes.
GET INSPIRED IN THE KITCHEN:
- Browse over 50,000 recipes from your favorite Food Network chefs.
- Looking for a decadent dessert, a festive cocktail or even just dinner for the family? Find a variety of recipe collections, including:
Quick and Easy
*Top Picks* from Food Network
COOK LIKE A PRO:
- Hone your cooking chops by watching our how-to videos.
- Get creative by adding your own tips and substitutions on each recipe with the Notes feature.
SAVE AND SHARE RECIPES:
- Save recipes *instantly* and organize them into your very own collections.
- And don’t worry! All of your previously saved recipes are safe and sound. You can now find them under My Stuff.
- Share recipes with your friends and family via text, email, Notes, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
- Discover what the Food Network community is saying about our recipes through ratings and reviews.
Want to talk? If you have questions, comments or suggestions for the app, we'd love to hear from you. Please email us at ITKPanel@foodnetwork.com.
Please note that videos are available for playback only in the United States, due to licensing restrictions.
Food Network In the Kitchen is compatible with iOS 9 for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad Pro.
What's New in Version 5.0.3
This update includes:
- Fix for the bug where the app was showing incorrect 'On TV Now' shows for users on the west coast
- Fixes for crashes reported in the earlier versions of the new re-designed app
- Other bug fixes and minor enhancements
Update- great recipes, that's about it.
Recipes are still great!
They seem to have weeded out the recipes with poor content and improved the startup time. Now, however, the app reboots whenever you switch to a different app, so you have to navigate back to the recipe you were just looking at.
My Stuff is weird. They're my saved recipes, so just call it that. And the navigation of My Stuff is not good- I should have a Recent section and the default should be the categories I set up. The names of the categories are not visually aligned so it's more confusing than it needs to be.
I want to be able to review the recipes from the app. Still can't do that either.
I don't particularly care to view the shows or the featured chefs, so I personally feel this is the wrong way to present information. If I find a chef I like then i will go back and view other stuff from them, but that is rarely the way I navigate. Add "browse by" options so I can see e.g., poultry, desserts, drinks, entrees, etc. or Great Party Ideas. Or even just alphabetical. Think about how people want to find recipes and build the navigation from that mindset.
So in the end I still love it and FN but the app is really missing basic features so I am still forced to use other competing apps. The magazine continues to be amazing.
I love the look and feel of the app. I absolutely love being able to pull up all the recipes that are currently being featured in an episode or on tv! Only thing I would want in the next update is to search by ingredient. You should also be able to search in your saved recipes too by name.
I have had this app for a short while. I never get a chance to close it out myself as it ALWAYS crashes. Going to delete it and wait for them to fix whatever the problem is. It's very annoying trying to save recipes only to have it crash and you have to start from the beginning. Very annoying.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Sep 26, 2016
- Version: 5.0.3
- Size: 130 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Television Food Network G.P.
- © 2012 Television Food Network G.P.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.