FoodFinder helps food insecure kids & families find their closest free food.
Who it helps: FoodFinder helps food insecure kids and adult first responders, like teachers and counselors, find their closest free food resources quickly, privately, and effectively.
What it does: It automatically identifies all free food resources near any location in the US on a map, and ‘pins’ appear to identify the nearest free food sites.
How it works:
- Open the app and your location is automatically displayed on a map.
- Tap a nearby pin to see the name of that resource
- Tap the name to see all the details and information for that free food resource.
- Tap the address to automatically open google maps and get directions to reach the resource from your current location.
You can also:
- Tap the phone number to CALL the resource (if available)
- Tap the email address to automatically EMAIL the resource (if available).
- See languages spoken, services offered, website, and other available information about the resource
www.FoodFinder.US is an award-winning website which provides the same functionality as the app from any web browser.
FoodFinder is recognized as a tax-exempt charitable organization under the Internal Revenue Code, 501(c)(3).
Bug fixes and performance improvements
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.