This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Ditch the tedious calorie counting to get (and stay) healthy once and for all. Foodstand is an app that helps you eat healthier through our community-powered Good Eating Micro-Challenges. Challenges are based on basic good eating principles that apply to everyone. Nearly every Registered Dietitian, Physician, and healthcare professional will agree that we’ll all be better off if we stop counting calories and instead focus on:
- Eating less processed food
- Eating more plants
- Eating fewer animal products
- Eating more mindfully
If you, like many of us, will only stop eating junk food or fast food when someone pries it from your hands despite knowing veggies are better, you know old habits die hard. That’s why Foodstand Challenges are designed based on the latest in habit building research and behavioral therapy to ensure you’ll be successful, and will enjoy the process along the way.
- Fun challenges to help you build eating habits associated with reduced risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and a healthier planet
- Simple 2-second draw-a-check-mark check-ins with fun, positive responses. No need to log every morsel of food or track calories. You can add optional info to keep a food diary if you’d like, but it’s not required.
- Daily motivational reminders and tips based on your progress, so you’ll have support to stay on track.
- Each challenge has easy levels and free passes because we believe in progress over perfection. For example, Level II is a 3 day challenge and comes with a free pass, so you don’t need to go ‘cold turkey,’ and you’re more likely to stick with it.
- Community support — you’ll be able share ideas, ask questions, and learn from thousands of others doing the same challenge as you. Soon, you’ll also be able to add a buddy to a challenge.
- Buddy system for accountability to help you stay on track with the help of friends and family members
- Each challenge comes with a Guidebook that includes tips, recipes, a shopping list, and more details on why this habit is a good idea.
- Long term tracking on your profile so you’ll see how you compare to others, and how you’re doing over time.
Some of our first challenges include:
- Cut back on soda
- No added sugar
- Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Eat less meat
- Go mostly Vegan
- Cook dinner more often
- Eat at least 1 distraction-free meal a day
- Drink alcohol less often each week
You won’t find any fad diets or crash cleanses on Foodstand because we know those don’t work. You’ll only find challenges to help you build good eating habits that will lead to long-term health.
Our good eating challenges have been designed in collaboration with several Registered Dietitians, Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, Meatless Monday, and several others.
“I lost 5 kg in one month, only by quitting added sugar! Not eating less neither working out, only eating real food :-D” ~member participating in the No Added Sugar Challenge
"I lost 7 kilos in 2 months, and I'm eating a lot of veggies and fruits"
~member participating in the Eat More Veggies Challenge
"Ive been able to create a better healthy eating plan for myself. I've also been better at planning out meals which created better meal budgeting and portion control. I've lost 20 lbs solely due to the challenges from Foodstand"
~ member participating in the Eat More Veggies Challenge
"Foodstand is a powerful tool for anyone seeking to make some changes to their relationship with food and eating. Capitalizing on the science of learning and behavior change, and setting this within a supportive and engaging community setting, Foodstand maximizes the chances of making healthy changes to eating behavior. Foodstand makes it easier to do the right thing when it comes to eating."
- Brian Iacoviello, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
What's New in Version 5.7.4
- Add back button at start of sign up flow.