Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ditch the tedious calorie counting to get (and stay) healthy once and for all. Foodstand is an app that helps you eat healthier through our fun, community-powered Good Eating Challenges. Challenges are based on basic good eating principles that apply to everyone. Nearly every Registered Dietitian, Physician, and healthcare professional will agree that we’ll all be better off if we stop counting calories and instead focus on:
- Eating less processed food
- Eating more plants
- Eating fewer animal products
- Eating more mindfully
If you, like many of us, will only stop eating junk food or fast food when someone pries it from your hands despite knowing veggies are better, you know old habits die hard. That’s why Foodstand Challenges are designed based on the latest in habit building research and behavioral therapy to ensure you’ll be successful, and will enjoy the process along the way.
- Fun challenges to help you build eating habits associated with reduced risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and a healthier planet
- Simple 2-second draw-a-check-mark check-ins with fun, positive responses. No need to log every morsel of food or track calories. You can add optional info to keep a food diary if you’d like, but it’s not required.
- Daily motivational reminders and tips based on your progress, so you’ll have support to stay on track.
- Each challenge has easy levels and free passes because we believe in progress over perfection. For example, Level II is a 3 day challenge and comes with a free pass, so you don’t need to go ‘cold turkey,’ and you’re more likely to stick with it.
- Community support — you’ll be able share ideas, ask questions, and learn from thousands of others doing the same challenge as you. Soon, you’ll also be able to add a buddy to a challenge.
- Each challenge comes with a Guidebook that includes tips, recipes, a shopping list, and more details on why this habit is a good idea.
- Long term tracking on your profile so you’ll see how you compare to others, and how you’re doing over time.
Some of our first challenges include:
- Cut back on soda
- No added sugar
- Eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Eat less meat
- Go mostly Vegan
- Cook dinner more often
- Eat at least 1 distraction-free meal a day
- Drink alcohol less often each week
You won’t find any fad diets or crash cleanses on Foodstand because we know those don’t work. You’ll only find challenges to help you build good eating habits that will lead to long-term health.
Our good eating challenges have been designed in collaboration with several Registered Dietitians, Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), Johns Hopkins Center for a Livable Future, Meatless Monday, and several others.
"Behaviors are best shaped through reward - that's been confirmed by both research and practice - yet most healthy eating apps ask you to engage in monotonous calorie logging that essentially turns food tracking into a chore. We designed Foodstand with the problem in mind, combining behavioral science and game mechanics to create a fun and playful experience that rewards users for tracking their eating habits while encouraging healthy choices in an ecosystem of tremendous social support."
- Andrew Miller, Psy.D, Clinical Psychologist and Advisor at Foodstand
"Foodstand is a powerful tool for anyone seeking to make some changes to their relationship with food and eating. Capitalizing on the science of learning and behavior change, and setting this within a supportive and engaging community setting, Foodstand maximizes the chances of making healthy changes to eating behavior. Foodstand makes it easier to do the right thing when it comes to eating."
- Brian Iacoviello, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
What's New in Version 5.6.3
5.6.1, 5.6.2, 5.6.3:
- Minor bug fixes
Prepping for your New Year's Resolution? Yep, we have just what you need to keep up with your goals this year.
- Challenge Buddies! If you have a bestie, family member, or real life friend who can help you stay on track with your Challenge, add them as a buddy, and you'll be able to see each other's progress and get notifications when you're doing well or when you need a nudge of support. You can add as many buddies as you like, so try this with coworkers, friends, or family!
- Pause Challenges! Going on vacation? Now you can pause your challenge so you don't lose your spot when you're traveling. You'll set a restart date so we'll help you get back on track as soon as you return.
Happy New Year!