Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera;
2. See simple nutrition information on the food you’ve scanned;
3. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria.
You can view the nutrition information in two modes:
1. Health Star Ratings – shows the overall healthiness of a product from 0.5 to 5 stars; the higher the star rating, the healthier the food.
2. Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
Save your healthy favorites on personalized lists.
Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organizations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit https://www.georgeinstitute.org/projects/foodswitch-usa.
Ratings and Reviews
The best app I’ve ever used in my life. I’m going to take a shower because I’m dripping with excitement!
- The George Institute for Global Health
- 102.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © The George Institute for Global Health
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.