The Foolish King - The Secret History of Chess
Long, long ago, when kings ruled the land, dragons filled the sky and magic still existed, two small children stumbled upon the game of chess. This is your chance to discover it with them . . . Join Pip and Holly on their magical fairy-tale adventure and become a chess master!
An interactive, smartly-designed, iPad app that is the perfect introduction to chess for children and adults alike – ideal for children aged six and above.
The app helps children and adults to learn chess with its ‘How To Play’ section, they can practice against the computer or their friend/parent and can join the world wide chess league for free! The chess league has a leaderboard showing results of chess games by age ranking as well as overall.
The Foolish King is a magical fairy-tale storybook about the secret history of chess - written by Lord Price and brought vividly to life by Martin Brown, illustrator of the mega-selling Horrible Histories.
Here are some recent reviews of the app:
- Learn chess basics through ‘How To Play’ tutorials
- Play ‘The Foolish King Live’ anybody else in the world!
- World wide chess leaderboard
- Play chess with the insects and bees from the story
- Play against the computer or your friend
- Help and prompts when playing chess
- Easy, medium and hard levels of the game available when playing vs computer
Read (In-app purchase)
- Your copy of The Foolish King book for £4.99 (Retailed at £10.99)
Beautifully illustrated throughout
With in-app purchase
Happy International Chess day!
We've made a few small updates and squished some bugs!
See you in the chess arena!
Over and out!
- Stour Publishing Ltd
- 971.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Stour Publishing Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 'The Foolish King' book for iPad $4.99
- 490 Sturling Pounds - Game Currency $2.99
- 260 Sturling Pounds - Game Currency $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.