Create art with your personal touch from any photo – in seconds. The smartest oil painting app for both beginners and pros.
Featured by Apple under New and Noteworthy in 125 countries!
- Simple: paint FAST for a nice oily blur, paint SLOWLY for better detail, regardless of brush size.
- Brush strokes are recorded, so you can replay the whole session at any time.
- Export replays as regular movie files (iPhone 4 or later).
- Save sessions for later reuse.
- Undo at any time. Or even better, just paint over!
- Enjoy the dynamic paint sounds following your slightest brush twist.
Apple: “Keep your fingers clean and your palette creative with Foolproof Art Studio for iPhone.”
148apps: “I can see Foolproof Art Studio being a real must have photography app.”
PhotoCruncher: “Anyone can operate this ship and feel like a seasoned Captain at the helm.”
Appstraction: “Foolproof is a fresh break from the mould.”
Check out the trailer: http://youtu.be/yxx87L4e7Wo?hd=1 (90 seconds)
When painting is fun, results are better!
- Compatible with iOS 8
- 64 bit code
- No black background in saved results
- Auto paint stoppable at any point, keeping strokes up to that point
- Faster session loading by disabling iCloud session sync by default. Re-enable under settings menu.
- No disappearing sliders in palette window
- Better handling of images in shared iCloud photo streams
- Images are saved in a separate photo album
- Browse friends' photos turned off because of recent Facebook API changes disabling this
- Triple tap for lens (instead of double tap)
Ratings and Reviews
love this app
it does the job perfectly
Deeper Than First Impression
Certainly on the most basic level this auto painting app is the richest, but working without the auto paint feature is far more interesting...
If you are a fan of StudioMee, get it.
If you are new to StudioMee perhaps you might want to begin with either PaintMee (I prefer the desktop version rather than upgrading the IOS version, simply because you have more options in OSX) or SketchMee (upgraded to save PDFs for vector art aficionados).
I would love to see the ability to show the various background textures through the brush strokes, sort of the way PaintMee can be set to show. If the developers can build in an alpha channel one can toggle on/off, it would be a great move toward a more realistic interaction with the wide range of substrates.
Second, it would be very helpful to repurpose the loupe which serves little use given the much more troublesome lack of ability to zoom in on the painting in progress—something that would allow control on a zoomed in level.
It's a rewarding app, 5 stars if these two features can be added, even if it requires an in-app investment for those who would like these features.
Love this. Only issue for me is the controls to get to the menu are too close to the controls to paint. I accidentally open the menu the whole time. Please let us change the controls, or disable the magic view.
Also, give us a paint brush that uses the colors only on the screen. To touch up and fade better.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.