Footpath Route Planner - Running / Cycling / Hiking Maps
By Eric Wolfe
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Footpath lets you map routes in seconds.
Whether you prefer the simplicity of running or riding without a phone, forgot to record a GPS track, or want to plan out your next hike or race, Footpath allows you to map out your routes quicker and easier than ever before, all without GPS.
• Draw your route and watch it snap to roads and trails.
• Press and hold on the map to automatically calculate routes between points.
• No roads or trails nearby? No problem, just zoom in and draw your routes free-form by tapping the magnet.
• View elevation profiles for your routes to gauge difficulty.
• Share your routes via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Footpath Elite: Go the extra mile
• Available via in-app purchase
• Automatic syncing. Plan a route on your iPad and keep it on your iPhone for reference when you’re out.
• Save unlimited routes. Great for trips, logs, or planning out the week ahead.
• Want to change up the routine? Edit any of your saved routes to create new ones.
• Premium topo maps and enhanced snapping to trails: USGS Topo Maps (U.S. and Canada) and OpenStreetMap (Mapbox Outdoors, Mapbox Outdoors Satellite), OpenCycleMap, & Thunderforest Landscape. Great for the outdoors and areas not covered by Google Maps.
• Export your routes as GPX & KML files to your computer or other apps such as Google Earth, or share your routes to friends with Footpath via Airdrop or email.
• More advanced features to come!
• Try drawing your longer routes in multiple segments for better accuracy
• If you see a road or trail overlay on the map, it can usually be snapped to
• Try zooming in for more accuracy
• If you need to route between unconnected roads, connect them by temporarily turning off snapping
• Tap "Loop" to quickly calculate the quickest route back to the start
• Tap "Out & Back" to automatically trace your route back to the start
• Try switching to driving mode to ignore trails & footpaths or to use highways. Perfect for road trips.
• Calculate your routes offline by preloading the maps beforehand and drawing without snapping
• Import routes from other apps. Send a GPX file to your device and use the common “Open In…” menu to open the route right in Footpath.
Footpath is designed for runners, hikers, walkers, and cyclists, but can and has been used for everything from kayaking & swimming to deliveries, travel, & road trips—even to land planning.
Hit the road and forget about GPS.
For any issues or suggestions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Fixes a crash when drawing a route on iOS 7 devices
Love and save it.
I love this app. It has (almost) everything I am looking for in a running app. I love that I can share my routes in multiple formats so my spouse can keep track of me on long runs or I can get competitive with my running buddies. The snap to and draw features are excellent and the tracking is very accurate to what my GPS watch will read after a run. The ease of the map when I travel makes finding routes in new places so simple! I do wish the free version would allow me to save routes. Definitely way worth the download though. Not any real legitimate complaints here.
Cool app but...
I love this idea. I'm trying to make this my toto riding/walking. I wish I knew how this could integrate with my mapmyfitness or even maps app so that after I create a route, it could give me voice and visual cues and guides. Great start though. Thank you
Plan Your Routes, Vary Routes, Vary Distance
This app is absolutely indispensable for runners who want plan their routes, whether it is to vary their routes but not their distance, or if they just want to map out new routes. This app has allowed me to map out several routes of varying distances (from 4 to 10 miles) without having to cover the same real estate twice. The mile is pretty accurate too, matching the distance of my Garmin Fenix 3 +\- .05 miles. If I could export routes to other apps, or enabled the app to give turn-by-turn directions over Bluetooth, this app would be that much more useful.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 24, 2016
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 28.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Eric Wolfe
- ©2016 Eric Wolfe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Footpath Elite$4.99