Footsteps - Pedometer
By Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Named 3rd best pedometer on Channel 5's The Gadget Show Top 5 with accuracy 98.4% just after Homedics MiBody360 (accuracy 98.5%, price £39.06) and Timex Ironman Triathlon (98.7%, £71.48)
#1 in UK in Health & Fitness and #6 in Top Paid Apps
Now available on Apple Watch.
Track your steps, calories burned, time, distance and speed as you walk or run.
Share your workout with others on Facebook and Twitter or by SMS or Email.
Track your progress using history & graph modules.
Footsteps is an advanced pedometer counting steps and calories burned as you walk or run.
It's easy to use, works when in your pocket, hand or a case.
It doesn't require any special belt although works great when you use one.
Works in background (don't forget to start Footsteps after you turn on your iPhone/iPod).
- Records steps, duration, distance, calories burned and average speed
- Works in background
- Optional integration with the Health App
- Displays counts for walking and running as well as total counts
- Groups activity in workouts and by days
- Two display modes - Workout and Today
- Nine color schemes to choose from including high contrast B&W
- Timer pauses automatically when no activity is detected
- Pacer helps you maintain the desired speed and intensity. It also gives you information about calories burned per hour as you maintain this speed
- Distance alert
- Advanced algorithm calculating calories burned
- Integrated with Music Library
- Screen lock
- Configurable step length for walking and running separately (check our website for step length calculators)
- Configurable units of measurement both English and Metric
- History & Graphs modules
- Allows to share your workout sessions by email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
- On iPhones turns the screen off to save battery when close to the body, in the pocket or case
The pedometer can group your activity into workouts. You decide when to start, pause, reset and save your workout.
Normally Footsteps will stop detecting steps when you pause or finish the workout, you can change this in Settings and let Footsteps capture the steps even if the workout is paused/not started.
You will see your activity in Today view, but the steps won't be added to the active workout.
You can also turn off workouts completely and let Footsteps capture your steps whenever the app is running (Settings -> Use Workouts switch to OFF).
History module lets you browse your activity. You can see your workouts or all activity in or outside workouts grouped by days, weeks and months.
Tap on the groups until you see a single workout or day worth of activities and you will see them broken down to a list of samples of activities.
You can add, edit or delete any of the samples. You can delete any workout or a whole day from History. You can share the items in History by Email (with CSV attachment), SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
THE APPLE HEALTH APP INTEGRATION
You can set up Footsteps to provide steps, active calories and distance data to the Health App.
Footsteps can also synchronize weight with the Health App.
You can see all the counts and control workouts right from your watch.
Footsteps has an optional built-in music player that lets you listen to the music without leaving the app. It is recommended though to use Control Center instead.
The pedometer has a built-in help system with FAQ section,also feel free to contact our support, we'll be glad to help you. (from within Footsteps tap Help, then Feedback and send us an email explaining the problem).
What's New in Version 7.0
- Added new count Pace configurable as steps/minute, minutes/mile or minutes/km
- Replaced Average Speed with Pace in Pedometer View
- Bug fixes
Less than satisfactory
I just upgraded to the full version yesterday when my free version only went up to 3000 steps. Needless to say my walk was not over yet. I upgraded to the full version and on today's walk I was averaging 3.8 mph because I know how long it takes me to get from one landmark to another and wants to pace I have to keep. Along the way in the "lock mode" the audible pace noise that sets the tempo would cut in and cut out. As I'm walking and looking at this app the MPH was anywhere from 1.9 - 3.9 mph. At the end of my walk which should have been 1.75 miles it told me I had only walked 1.23 miles at 1.9 mph avg. if I try to put my iPhone 5s in my pocket while walking it would stop altogether! I had to carry it in my hand the whole time during my walk and 8°F weather. It's still cut in and out but was a little better. Another feature I think it should have and does not would be the ability to calculate your distance based on the duration of the walk/run and mph you were walking/running as well as sensing if you are ascending or descending hills. If were going to pay for the full version we might as well get our moneys worth.
Just what I needed
I ordered on the recommendation of a close friend. It was everything they said it would be. Have logged just under 500 walking miles since my purchase and I love being able to have an accurate record of my workouts. Great product.
Best app for iPhone tracking
I do not need to compete against other, just need to monitor my daily distance and this is far and away the best app running in the background to do exactly as it says, track footsteps. This hands down the best app for its intended purpose.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Dec 13, 2015
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Palm Shadow Apps LLC
- © 2009-2015 Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.