Footsteps - Pedometer
By Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Named 3rd best pedometer on Channel 5's The Gadget Show Top 5 with accuracy 98.4% just after Homedics MiBody360 (accuracy 98.5%, price £39.06) and Timex Ironman Triathlon (98.7%, £71.48)
#1 in UK in Health & Fitness and #6 in Top Paid Apps
Track your steps, calories burned, time, distance and speed as you walk or run.
Share your workout with others on Facebook and Twitter or by SMS or Email.
Track your progress using history & graph modules.
Footsteps is an advanced pedometer counting steps and calories burned as you walk or run.
It's easy to use, works when in your pocket, hand or a case.
It doesn't require any special belt although works great when you use one.
Works in background (don't forget to start Footsteps after you turn on your iPhone/iPod).
- Records steps, duration, distance, calories burned and average speed
- Works in background
- Optional integration with the Health App
- Displays counts for walking and running as well as total counts
- Groups activity in workouts and by days
- Two display modes - Workout and Today
- Nine color schemes to choose from including high contrast B&W
- Timer pauses automatically when no activity is detected
- Pacer helps you maintain the desired speed and intensity. It also gives you information about calories burned per hour as you maintain this speed
- Distance alert
- Advanced algorithm calculating calories burned
- Integrated with Music Library
- Screen lock
- Configurable step length for walking and running separately (check our website for step length calculators)
- Configurable units of measurement both English and Metric
- History & Graphs modules
- Allows to share your workout sessions by email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
- On iPhones turns the screen off to save battery when close to the body, in the pocket or case
The pedometer can group your activity into workouts. You decide when to start, pause, reset and save your workout.
Normally Footsteps will stop detecting steps when you pause or finish the workout, you can change this in Settings and let Footsteps capture the steps even if the workout is paused/not started.
You will see your activity in Today view, but the steps won't be added to the active workout.
You can also turn off workouts completely and let Footsteps capture your steps whenever the app is running (Settings -> Use Workouts switch to OFF).
History module lets you browse your activity. You can see your workouts or all activity in or outside workouts grouped by days, weeks and months.
Tap on the groups until you see a single workout or day worth of activities and you will see them broken down to a list of samples of activities.
You can add, edit or delete any of the samples. You can delete any workout or a whole day from History. You can share the items in History by Email (with CSV attachment), SMS, Twitter or Facebook.
Footsteps has an optional built-in music player that lets you listen to the music without leaving the app. It is recommended though to use Control Center instead.
The pedometer has a built-in help system with FAQ section,also feel free to contact our support, we'll be glad to help you. (from within Footsteps tap Help, then Feedback and send us an email explaining the problem).
What's New in Version 6.1
- fixed problem with setting incorrect weight when Heath App Integration was ON and the weight units were kg
- fixed feedback email view not closing
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 4.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Palm Shadow Apps LLC
- © 2009-2015 Palm Shadow Apps LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.