Bring Ford+Alexa with You on the Road: Access to Alexa in your Ford is now as easy as connecting your phone, starting the Ford+Alexa app and speaking to Alexa. Even with road noise, Alexa listens and provides you with the same information and access to Skills and features as you can get with an Echo in your home. Alexa’s familiar voice and responses then play through your vehicle’s speakers. You can access thousands of Alexa skills and services that Echo customers already enjoy. Pump yourself up on the way to the gym by saying, “Alexa, play my workout playlist.” Continue the book you were listening to, even during your commute to work. Check whether you have dinner plans on the drive home by asking, “Alexa, what’s on my calendar tonight?”
• Alexa Capabilities: You will have access to most the same capabilities as you do from home, including controlling your smart home devices, ordering pizza, checking the weather, getting your favorites sports teams scores, checking and updating your schedule and more.
• Navigation: You can ask Alexa for a point of interest (POI) and ask Alexa to navigate to the POI. Alexa will hand off the POI to the onboard navigation when equipped or to your phone to provide you with turn by turn directions.
• Entertainment: Using Amazon Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio you will be able use Alexa to play music (skip, fast forward, rewind, play, and pause) and even make song purchases. The vehicle’s display will show artist, song, and album art information.
SYNC 3 Software Version 2.2 or higher is required. You can check the Software Version on the SYNC 3 touchscreen by pressing: Settings > General > About SYNC. The top line will show the current Software Version (SYNC 3, Software Version: X.X). Customers can upgrade to the current Software Version using automatic home Wi-Fi updates* or a USB download from owner.ford.com.
*Wi-Fi updates may not be available for SYNC 3 versions not equipped with navigation.
Updated ‘Things to Try’ and other bug fixes to improve customer experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Was Great Until....
Worked one day this week. Stopped working. Updated app and iOS. Still not working.
I put a Dot in my new F250 and tethered off my cell, then the Ford + Alexa app came out and it worked great. I have Sync 3 and like to listen to my Audible books through CarPlay, but I like the ability of Alexa being able to read my Kindle books to me as well. So like many others have said, how can this billion dollar industry not keep up with the iOS updates? I think it shows that Ford is over their head and needs to commit more effort to the technology aspects of the industry. Bat to the Dot.
Hi Jaymo, thank you for your feedback. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you troubleshoot the issue you are seeing.
Music & Navigation 👍🏻👍🏻
Great for finding and playing music without fumbling through smartphone apps. Also makes destination entry for navigation system work like everyone has always wanted.
Does anyone work?
There have now been two updates to the app since it broke on iOS 11.2.5 and still NO FIX! If you told me it didn't work, I would not have upgraded to 11.2.5. Your app told me to upgrade and now we are all screwed! When will you work on fixing this? Why have multiple updates come out without a fix???
- Ford Motor Company
- 42 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Ford Motor Co
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.