Ford SYNC® Destinations
By INRIX, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SYNC® Destinations exclusively from Ford and powered by INRIX; with specialized content for active SYNC Services subscribers.
• Routes and Destinations
1. Access cloud-based SYNC Services account on-the-go.
2. Fastest routes to your favorite destinations, searched locations and Ford/Lincoln dealerships – all powered by INRIX’s industry leading traffic and road incident data that covers over 2.8 million miles of roads in over 32 countries.
3. Download turn-by-turn directions using Send to SYNC.
4. Quick and safe on-the-go access to the latest traffic reports, turn-by-turn directions and destinations using simple voice commands via SYNC AppLink™.
• Vehicle Finder — Helps the driver save the location of his/her parked vehicle. This app also features a parking meter timer with alarm and a provision to take a picture of the parking lot/space
• Find a Dealer — Searches for a Ford or Lincoln dealership, makes a phone call and accesses the dealership’s website. The user can also download directions to the dealership into his or her vehicle through SYNC® Services.
• Roadside Assistance — Makes a phone call to an embedded phone number when in need of assistance.
Note: Downloading turn-by-turn directions is available only on 2013 Model Year vehicles with SYNC Applink. 2012 Model Year vehicles equipped with Sync Applink will also be capable once updated (via USB upgrade). Please visit support.ford.com or support.lincoln.com for details of software update availability.
What's New in Version 4.1
* Improve messaging and help for unsubscribed SYNC Services users
* Bug fixes
UI Fail - Also No Longer Compatible with iPad
Inrix comes across to me as some sort of Third World sweatshop dev shop. Surprising that the best performing American auto company would go with these guys instead of so many excellent app developers to be found coast-to-coast. My previous review can be found below. Nothing was improved from what was suggested in this latest update. Rather, a new problem has arisen and the app is no longer compatible with the iPad.
Address entry should require only one input box. Too much space dedicated to "good morning" message. Unnecessary to even have it. Furthermore, the entire purpose of this app is to send a destination to my car, and now the button I need to press to do that is below the fold. Manage points and select point can be merged. List points from latest to earliest rather than vice-versa. Delete feature should be added in point select screen. Please create a desktop version. Remove lock for when car is in motion. Defeats purpose. I still get the occasional busy signal when calling into Sync Services for destination. Works on iPad now. Good job.
Needs Heavy and Timely Revision
I use this app mainly for the Vehicle Finder option. My cell phone, my car, and myself are usually in the same place so I've been blissfully using this locator for about two years without being aware of this problem. Recently I was doing some housesitting and I left my car back at my place about two blocks away. Imagine my surprise when I checked the locator just for kicks, and it appeared that my car was right outside in the driveway of the house I was watching. I wanted to make sure I wasn't insane, so I looked outside and sure enough,no car. Also just to check, I went back to my place and there it was safe and sound where I left it. I've had this experience about two more times so basically what this app is doing is tracking my phone, not my car. Which is not helpful when the option is called VEHICLE Finder. I know where I am. I'll be deleting this app because it just went from somewhat useful to completely worthless.
Sync My Ride
This app is ok. You can sync it to your car and phone and search addresses and get directions downloaded to your car when you don't have maps installed in your car. BUT one thing I wish the app had was a list of routes you could choose from to get downloaded to your car instead of just trusting it and a map on your phone to see where your going like a gps. It has a safely feature where you can't use it while your car is in motion which is safe and all. It just gets annoying when you have your passenger try to put in a new location while your driving and it won't let you Bc your in motion. Overall, this app is average. In my opinion, it needs a map with a list of routes to choose from and can watch your progress. Also, a way for a pass anger to use it while in motion for me to give it a 5 star reporting.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © INRIX, Inc. 2010 - 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular.