Ford SYNC® Destinations
By INRIX, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
SYNC® Destinations exclusively from Ford and powered by INRIX; with specialized content for active SYNC Services subscribers.
• Routes and Destinations
1. Access cloud-based SYNC Services account on-the-go.
2. Fastest routes to your favorite destinations, searched locations and Ford/Lincoln dealerships – all powered by INRIX’s industry leading traffic and road incident data that covers over 2.8 million miles of roads in over 32 countries.
3. Download turn-by-turn directions using Send to SYNC.
4. Quick and safe on-the-go access to the latest traffic reports, turn-by-turn directions and destinations using simple voice commands via SYNC AppLink™.
• Vehicle Finder — Helps the driver save the location of his/her parked vehicle. This app also features a parking meter timer with alarm and a provision to take a picture of the parking lot/space
• Find a Dealer — Searches for a Ford or Lincoln dealership, makes a phone call and accesses the dealership’s website. The user can also download directions to the dealership into his or her vehicle through SYNC® Services.
• Roadside Assistance — Makes a phone call to an embedded phone number when in need of assistance.
Note: Downloading turn-by-turn directions is available only on 2013 Model Year vehicles with SYNC Applink. 2012 Model Year vehicles equipped with Sync Applink will also be capable once updated (via USB upgrade). Please visit support.ford.com or support.lincoln.com for details of software update availability.
What's New in Version 4.1
* Improve messaging and help for unsubscribed SYNC Services users
* Bug fixes
Great app for Sync and MySync
I own a 2010 Escape with Sync and a 2014 Fusion with MySync. I use this app all the time to set my GPS destinations. It's much less cumbersome than the Microsoft-based system in MySync and invaluable for Sync. I don't know why others are having problems with it, but after 3 years of using it, I highly recommend it. In fact, even if you're in the car it's easier to use the app to program a destination than to use the built-in interface on the GPS. This is in spite of the fact you have to call Services and have the destination download.
In addition, this beats the awful, awful Ford website that is as slow as molasses and navigationally impossible to use. If you're relying at n the Ford website instead of this app, you're wasting hours of your time.
Needs a total overhaul, but...
Ford-Lincoln had dumped this piece of software a very long time ago. The last update was 2013 or 2014 and they've since moved on to the Blackberry iOS version of directions and mapping and disregarding users of the Garmin version. Give drivers with 2014 and older vehicles the option to upgrade to the newer system or don't abandon this app until all 2014 and earlier model vehicles are off the road! We have to change that tiny piece (forgot what it's called) that gives us all navigation to a newer version and then update the software. Give us the cd or a download that would follow current allowed capacities and let's get this right! Btw, that shiny new car starting with the letter "D" keeps looking better and better. I'm nearly ready to "switch sides" because of BS like this right here!
Needs Heavy and Timely Revision
I use this app mainly for the Vehicle Finder option. My cell phone, my car, and myself are usually in the same place so I've been blissfully using this locator for about two years without being aware of this problem. Recently I was doing some housesitting and I left my car back at my place about two blocks away. Imagine my surprise when I checked the locator just for kicks, and it appeared that my car was right outside in the driveway of the house I was watching. I wanted to make sure I wasn't insane, so I looked outside and sure enough,no car. Also just to check, I went back to my place and there it was safe and sound where I left it. I've had this experience about two more times so basically what this app is doing is tracking my phone, not my car. Which is not helpful when the option is called VEHICLE Finder. I know where I am. I'll be deleting this app because it just went from somewhat useful to completely worthless.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 22.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © INRIX, Inc. 2010 - 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.