Apple TV Screenshots
The highly acclaimed Forecast Bar is now on TV! Powered by The Weather Company and Dark Sky, Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts delivered right ON your home screen! With Top Shelf, simply highlighting Forecast Bar on your home screen will show you up-to-the-minute weather at up to 4 locations!
With iCloud Sync, all your settings from Forecast Bar for iPhone and Mac are instantly transferred to your TV to ensure no setup time is required!
Forecast Bar features a gorgeous display full of weather information including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description, available in many languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for at least the next 8 hours
- When rain is detected in the next several hours, an animated chart showing rain intensity
- Up to a 14 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only)
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can expand any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky conditions.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store many saved locations, and switch between them. By default, Forecast Bar will automatically detect which units to use for your location, or you can manually set your preferred units.
If you have any ideas or problems with Forecast Bar, drop us an email to email@example.com or add them to our support site! Preview music by Bensound.
This major update brings support for The Weather Company, a highly accurate provider with detailed summaries and long range forecasts!
We also squashed several bugs including overlapping text in the Top Shelf and other performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Price is an issue
The Good. The app seems to be very well made. It’s available for TVOS, MacOS, iOS, & WatchOS... very nice.
The Bad. With all the free weather apps out there there is no way on this planet that I would pay a monthly or annual subscription for this information. It matters not how great the app is. It is simply a matter of economics. What you’re trying to do as an app maker is understandable... you want a steady income stream for a nice product you built. However, that doesn’t line up well with the software as a service model unless your “service” is the thing the customer sees as a value. I would be much more inclined to pay a “premium” ONE TIME price for a “Premium App”. But that isn’t even an option for your applications. I understand that you would need to refresh the app to get new revenue and there is only so far you can go with a weather app. (You’ve probably already maxed out with this version). However, personally I’m not going to subscribe to something monthly or annually into perpetuity for a service that is free in many other apps. Again, your app has a great design, but weather apps are a dime a dozen. No offense, but that’s the truth.
Good luck to you. In summary to other consumers. I wish I hadn’t wasted my time installing this nice app across all my Apple devices. Hard pass on the subscription.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.