Forecast Bar - Weather, Radar and Alerts
By Higher Bar, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** Best New App by Apple as a Best New App *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker *** Full Touch Bar Support ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a full dock app. iCloud Sync keeps your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description, available in 18 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- Animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
- When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity*
- 6 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning animated icons for each weather condition (plus two additional icon packs to switch between)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in or online sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Radar and satellite imagery (U.S. only)
*** Purchase includes one-year of hourly premium weather updates from Dark Sky. If you would prefer more frequent updates (10, 15 or 30 minutes) you can optionally upgrade easily within the app. ***
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart. Furthermore, clicking on the radar icon will display an interactive radar map.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store unlimited favorited locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts. By default, Forecast Bar will automatically detect which units to use for your location, or you can manually set your preferred units.
Forecast Bar supports Dark Sky’s Time Machine feature. Time Machine gives you the ability to check the current weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
With Notification Forwarding, you can forward precipitation alerts to Forecast Bar for iPhone and iPad! Your Mac will automatically check the weather depending on where your phone is and send notifications when precipitation is coming (requires Forecast Bar for iOS). In addition, you can send the current temperature to iOS devices as an icon badge!
If you have any ideas or problems with Forecast Bar, drop us an email to email@example.com or add them to our support site!
What's New in Version 2.9.2
Thank you for your continued support of Forecast Bar! We have taken a special focus this release to ensure Forecast Bar works even better with Forecast Bar for iPhone/iPad to supercharge your weather experience.
In addition, we've also added other improvements based on your feedback. Here's what's new in this version:
- Support for a fully customized weather summary (Preferences > Appearance > Customize Summary…)
- Improved Preferences organization
- Support for sending current temperature to your iOS devices as icon badge
- Support for reading the weather via AppleScript
- Fix for snow amount values in hourly details
- Fix for hourly details not respecting units
- Fix for custom summary not showing 2 or 7 day forecasts for some users
Great weather app for the Mac from responsive developer
Really nice weather app! Very handy to have the temperature and current conditions a glance away in the menu bar, and the forecast just a click more. Also, I had previously notified the developer that Forecast Bar had a dependency that caused a switch from the battery-friendly Integrated Graphics to the power-sucking Discrete Graphics on the MacBook Pro and it was quickly fixed! I’m happy to report that Forecast Bar no longer switches to the discrete graphics adapter. I do wish there was a way to open NOAA alerts in the browser… if there is, I can’t find it — clicking on the “alert” icon just pops up the text of the alert, with no way to link to the alert on the web (useful for sharing).
This weather app is truly exceptional. The information available to the user is extensive, which is not unusal. What is unusual is how easy it is to find and review the information. Far too many apps bury features and content in menus and non-intuitive interfaces. This app does a first-class job of making its information easy to find, easy to view, and easy to understand. It relfects uncommonly thoughtful efforts to display intuitive and visual information. I struggle to offer even a single example of an opportunity to improve the app . . . it is exceptionally good.
My go to weather source most accurate for my location.
The program is simple to use and easy to access when you want to know what to expect now and in the future with the weather. I found it to be the most accurate overall for my location in Northern Nevada. My "go to” source for the weather thats better than the local news. It packs a lot of information in an easy to access way. Simple, fast, and most accurate you got to love it.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 01, 2017
- Version: 2.9.2
- Size: 34.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Higher Bar, LLC
- © 2017 Higher Bar, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- One Year of 15min Background Updates$6.99
- One Year of 10min Background Updates$9.99
- One Year of 1 Hour Background Updates$2.99
- One Year of 30min Background Updates$4.99