*** Best New App by Apple *** Top Rated Mac App by Macworld *** Featured by Lifehacker *** Full Touch Bar Support ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right in your menu bar or as a dock app. iCloud Sync keeps your locations and settings in sync across your devices. Custom icon and background packs allow you to customize the look and feel to suit your style.
Opening Forecast Bar displays a gorgeous resizable panel full of relevant weather information, including:
- Current conditions, with current, feels like, high, and low temperatures, cloud conditions, as well as relative humidity
- A succinct description, available in 18 languages, of the weather for the next hour, and next 24 hours
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- Animated charts showing temperature and rain forecasts for the next 8 hours
- When rain is detected in the next hour, an animated chart showing rain intensity
- 6 day forecast, with high and low temperatures and weather conditions
- Stunning animated icons for each weather condition (plus two additional icon packs to switch between)
- A gorgeous image matching the weather conditions (which can be dimmed or hidden entirely, from either built-in or online sources)
- Full description of all local NWS severe weather alerts (U.S. only), including Notification Center support
- Radar and satellite imagery (U.S. only)
Clicking again on the current conditions displays an animated panel with additional information, including:
- Current wind conditions with an animated compass
- Dew point and humidity readings, with a "mugginess" animated gauge
- Pressure indicator with trend information
- Sunrise and sunset times for the day
- Moon phase
- Visibility reading
- UV Index
You can click on any day's forecast to see a full 24 hour temperature, precipitation, wind, humidity and UV index chart, along with an hour-by-hour sky condition chart.
Forecast Bar automatically determines your location to provide hyper-local weather data. In addition, you can store unlimited favorited locations, and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts. By default, Forecast Bar will automatically detect which units to use for your location, or you can manually set your preferred units.
Forecast Bar supports Dark Sky’s Time Machine feature. Time Machine gives you the ability to check the current weather conditions at a given time, in the past 70 years or the next 70 years.
Forecast Bar offers full support for light and dark menu bar modes, and carefully conserves your computer's power. You can even fully customize what shows in your menu bar or dock on your dock badge. Assign a global keyboard shortcut to show Forecast Bar any time! Even more, there is a Today widget you can use in your Notification Center.
With Notification Forwarding, you can forward precipitation alerts to Forecast Bar for iPhone and iPad! Your Mac will automatically check the weather depending on where your phone is and send notifications when precipitation is coming (requires Forecast Bar for iOS). In addition, you can send the current temperature to iOS devices as an icon badge!
*** Includes a 7-day trial of automatic updates subscription ***
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period (either monthly or annually) unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions or turn of auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
Terms of Service: http://bit.ly/fbtermsofuse
- Fix for rain notifications not appearing
- Fix for high CPU for a small number of users
Ratings and Reviews
The developers of this application are geniuses! Having the Mac menu bar app schedule push notifications to update the iOS app icon badge is amazing! Besides that though, this app is an easy way to see the temperature in your menu bar. I like how you can adjust how much detail you want to show so you can have a sun icon or just the temperature. The weather radar is a nice feature. I haven’t gotten a chance to see the rain notifications because it doesn’t rain much where I live. I like the daily summaries, but on the iOS app they always come at 12:00 am (midnight) instead of 8:00 am like I have scheduled.
Other than that minor disorder, this app is amazing, couldn’t ask for better.
Was great for temps...
I really like it! I can choose what temp measure to use, like a fire station that is less than 1 mile away. Most apps use an airport that is a long way from my house, so the other app’s temps are wrong. I bought a SensorPush and put it in front of the front door, but it is not in sun, right now the SensorPush shows 84 and the Forecast Bar shows 84, yet my Next thermostat shows 89. You can select the Menu Bar or the Dock; I use the Menu Bar.
I was wrong, the temp didn’t match my SensorPush. Today Forecast Bar showed 79 and SensorPush showed 88. A week later it showes no temp in the menubar because it said no auto update so click on this, and it asked for a subsription. So today I uninstalled it. At first I thought it was free, I have no problems when they are not, the company needs money, and I don’t like it when I'm tricked. I had no idea it needed a subsription to work, but I should have guessed it.
Wasting power - fixed now
Great functionality, graphics, information arrangement, interface. All of that is great, but the app is always using 10-15% of the CPU. It is listed in the Battery menu bar item as “Using Significant Energy.” Must be a bug because I have it set to only update data every hour. It should be doing nothing the rest of the time. I would give it a 5 if it wasn’t wasting my battery. Update: Issue seems to be fixed. Developer indicated it was due to using “Skycons” for the icons, but I wasn’t. At any rate, it is fixed now, so updated my rating to 5. Thanks Higher Bar.
We've completely corrected this issue. Thanks for the heads up!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.