*** Featured by Apple, Lifehacker, Macworld and Cult of Mac! ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right at your fingertips and is highly customizable to fit your needs. With full support for the latest features of iOS 11, Forecast Bar is the most powerful and last weather app you will ever need!
== Highly Customizable ==
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- Choose between our dark or light theme, or let Forecast Bar choose for you based on ambient light or sunrise/sunset times
- Easily choose between many options for icons and backgrounds.
- Fully customizable Widget, allowing you to create your perfect widget. With iOS 11, you can customize the compact and expanded versions separately.
== Stay Informed with Push Notifications ==
- Personalized daily weather report for any location, at any time you wish
- Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States
- If you use Apple Watch or Forecast Bar for Mac, you can forward precipitation notifications and also badge the app with the current temperature!
== Weather at a glance, or in depth ==
- Quickly check the current conditions or forecast for 14 days at a glance, including a succinct summary available in over 40 languages
- Tap on any day’s forecast to see an hour-by-hour breakdown
- Tap again to see even more details like dew point, pressure, visibility, UV index and more
- Save unlimited favorite locations (and even rename them) across the globe for easy access and we’ll figure out the right units to show the weather in for you
- Animated weather radar in the United States, Europe and Australia, including future radar forecasts
- Check weather conditions up to 70 years in the past or future with Time Machine
== Apple Watch Support ==
- Forecast Bar includes a beautiful and powerful Apple Watch App with 30+ complications
- Displays current conditions, 12 hour forecast, 14 day forecast
- With watchOS 4, Forecast Bar can stay up to date in your dock and watch face
== First Class iPad Support ==
- Forecast Bar supports iPad multitasking in Slide Over and Split Screen
== Ready for iOS 11 and iPhone X ==
- An iMessage app is included so you can quickly check and share weather at all your favorite locations right from within Messages
- 3D touch on our home screen icon to view current weather conditions and shortcuts to recent locations and search
- Taptic engine feedback for iPhone 7, 8 and X
Your free download includes one week of premium weather updates. Afterwards, you will need to subscribe to continue making full use of Forecast Bar, or continue with limited functionality and ad-supported.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
Improved support for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
This huge update brings a brand new weather provider and all-new high-quality radar from The Weather Company! Powered by IBM's Watson, The Weather Company provides access to thousands of hyper-local personal weather stations bringing you the most accurate reports as well as long-range 14 day forecasts. Our all-new radar now includes future radar and many other new layers. Additionally, we've crushed bugs and issues reported by customers.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly customizable, clean interface, accurate data
Key points; highly customizable, accurate data, great customer service from devs. Great app.
I love this app because it can be tailored to suit your own taste. The interface is clean in general, and you can add or remove fields on information if you want more or less to be visible from a glance. I think this app is worth the subscription, though many people want everything for free. Most weather apps have a boring or gaudy UI, are somewhat accurate, and have ads, with an option to pay to remove ads... that’s all.
ForecastBar has served me perfectly. I’ve used Accuweather, The Weather Channel app, and the Apple Weather app, among others. Forecast Bar beats them all hands-down.
The developers even went above and beyond for me with a recent update: I have my version of the app customized to avoid affecting my night vision (light discipline. red text on black) but a prior update made the phone go bright white while loading, which defeated my purposes. I emailed the developers, and they made the screen go black on startup instead of white. Problem solved, and most other people probably didn’t realize, or necessarily care, but it made a huge difference for me.
Forecast Bar has never given me much of a reason to complain. Even when I did have an issue, though minor, it was fixed within days. Definitely a satisfied customer!
Bait and switch
When I downloaded this app because of the iMessage features, it wasn't clear at all that this was for a trial period, then if I want to keep the functionality, I have to pay. It's a bait and switch and I'm super turned off. It doesn't matter how much I liked the app in iMessage, on my phone, my Apple Watch, whatever, I'm not going to pay to play. It's a shame too, as the app gave me most of what I was looking for, but I'm not interested in having to pay every year to unlock functionality on my phone, then extra for functionality on my watch. Had this app been a pay once and up front for everything sort of app, I'd have very strongly considered it, as it's what I'm looking for, but like I said, the bait and switch nature of their sales pitch has completely turned me off. I get a week of functionality for free? Ridiculous. It's on me for not being aware of this from the get go? Yeah, but honestly, when you're downloading sometjing for use in iMessage, are you usually taking the time to read all of the details? No!
Deleting and going back to the other paid apps I use that don't bait and switch like this junk.
We're sorry you feel misled, but we are very upfront with our model. We also offer an iMessage all called Weather for Messages that provides just the iMessage add in for $0.99 as a one-time payment.
i've been using Forecast Bar for over two years now and in that time i'd rate my satisfaction anywhere between 90-99%. recent updates, however, have forced me to start reconsidering whether i keep the app as my main source of weather updates and predictions.
the information is just as great as it's always been, but these last few updates have made the app unstable and sometimes nearly unusable. immediate freezing, blank screens when in the app, forcing my entire phone to lock up, and generally just *not good*.
i don't know if Forecast Bar is trying to do too much with the family of apps across the Watch, iPhone, and desktop, but the more functionality they stick in, the worse it seems to get. and yes, i'm a fully paid subscriber on all platforms.
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 123.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access $2.99
- Full Access + Watch $4.99
- Full Access (1 Month) $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.