*** Featured by Apple, Lifehacker, Macworld and Cult of Mac! ***
Forecast Bar offers hyper accurate, hyper local live weather and forecasts right at your fingertips and is highly customizable to fit your needs. With full support for the latest features of iOS 12, Forecast Bar is the most powerful and last weather app you will ever need!
== Highly Customizable ==
- Create a customized weather summary to use in the app and widget which can contain any combination of 20 data points with everything from wind speeds to location of the nearest storm!
- Choose between our dark or light theme, or let Forecast Bar choose for you based on ambient light or sunrise/sunset times
- Easily choose between many options for icons and backgrounds.
- Fully customizable Widget, allowing you to create your perfect widget. You can customize the compact and expanded versions separately.
== Stay Informed with Push Notifications ==
- Personalized daily weather report for any location, at any time you wish
- Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States
- If you use Apple Watch or Forecast Bar for Mac, you can forward precipitation notifications and also badge the app with the current temperature!
== Weather at a glance, or in depth ==
- Quickly check the current conditions or forecast for 14 days at a glance, including a succinct summary available in over 40 languages
- Tap on any day’s forecast to see an hour-by-hour breakdown
- Tap again to see even more details like dew point, pressure, visibility, UV index and more
- Save unlimited favorite locations (and even rename them) across the globe for easy access and we’ll figure out the right units to show the weather in for you
- See weather for up to 8 locations at a time
- Utilize nearby Personal Weather Stations (PWS) for even more hyper-local weather accuracy
- Animated weather radar in the United States, Europe and Australia, including future radar forecasts
- Check weather conditions up to 70 years in the past or future with Time Machine
== Apple Watch Support (requires watchOS5) ==
- Forecast Bar includes a beautiful and powerful Apple Watch App with 30+ customizable complications
- Displays current conditions, 12 hour forecast, and 14 day forecast
- With watchOS 5, Forecast Bar can stay up to date in your dock and watch face
== First Class iPad Support ==
- Forecast Bar supports iPad multitasking in Slide Over and Split Screen
== Ready for iOS 12 and iPhone XS ==
- An iMessage app is included so you can quickly check and share weather at all your favorite locations right from within Messages
- 3D touch on our home screen icon to view current weather conditions and shortcuts to recent locations and search
- Taptic engine feedback for iPhone 7, 8 and X, XS and XS Max
Your free download includes one week of premium weather updates. Afterwards, you will need to subscribe to continue making full use of Forecast Bar, or continue with limited functionality and ad-supported.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. They will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
This update has 2 great new features!
- See current weather conditions at up to 8 locations at a time
- View and select a nearby Personal Weather Station for even more hyper-local weather accuracy
Additionally, we've squashed some bugs and improved data quality and performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly customizable, clean interface, accurate data
Key points; highly customizable, accurate data, great customer service from devs. Great app.
I love this app because it can be tailored to suit your own taste. The interface is clean in general, and you can add or remove fields on information if you want more or less to be visible from a glance. I think this app is worth the subscription, though many people want everything for free. Most weather apps have a boring or gaudy UI, are somewhat accurate, and have ads, with an option to pay to remove ads... that’s all.
ForecastBar has served me perfectly. I’ve used Accuweather, The Weather Channel app, and the Apple Weather app, among others. Forecast Bar beats them all hands-down.
The developers even went above and beyond for me with a recent update: I have my version of the app customized to avoid affecting my night vision (light discipline. red text on black) but a prior update made the phone go bright white while loading, which defeated my purposes. I emailed the developers, and they made the screen go black on startup instead of white. Problem solved, and most other people probably didn’t realize, or necessarily care, but it made a huge difference for me.
Forecast Bar has never given me much of a reason to complain. Even when I did have an issue, though minor, it was fixed within days. Definitely a satisfied customer!
Bait and switch
When I downloaded this app because of the iMessage features, it wasn't clear at all that this was for a trial period, then if I want to keep the functionality, I have to pay. It's a bait and switch and I'm super turned off. It doesn't matter how much I liked the app in iMessage, on my phone, my Apple Watch, whatever, I'm not going to pay to play. It's a shame too, as the app gave me most of what I was looking for, but I'm not interested in having to pay every year to unlock functionality on my phone, then extra for functionality on my watch. Had this app been a pay once and up front for everything sort of app, I'd have very strongly considered it, as it's what I'm looking for, but like I said, the bait and switch nature of their sales pitch has completely turned me off. I get a week of functionality for free? Ridiculous. It's on me for not being aware of this from the get go? Yeah, but honestly, when you're downloading sometjing for use in iMessage, are you usually taking the time to read all of the details? No!
Deleting and going back to the other paid apps I use that don't bait and switch like this junk.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you feel misled, but we are very upfront with our model. We also offer an iMessage all called Weather for Messages that provides just the iMessage add in for $0.99 as a one-time payment.
Basics: great. Extras: poor.
The app does what it’s supposed to do on the iPhone and iPad. In fact it does so a skosh better than most other apps of its kind. A clean and customizable interface along with little “above and beyond” items (like the temperature on the app icon) make it a pleasure to use in the phone. It’s a bit annoying that the icon looks like its for a water intake tracking app (see: just about every water intake tracking app in the store; their stickers icon would be better) but that’s minor.
Tha Apple Watch is a different story. I’m a paid (annual) Full Access + Watch subscriber but the watch app doesn’t even show up. I’ve written to the dev multiple times and received no response at all. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt. An app that doesn’t give what you paid for, and a dev that won’t even respond to requests for support doesn’t merit a good rating, even when the basics of the app are fine.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. We've recently overhauled our watch app to address some of the reliability challenges you were facing. The watch app requires watchOS 5, and if you have a Series 0 that could explain why you aren't seeing it show up.
- Higher Bar, LLC
- 137.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Higher Bar, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Access $2.99
- Full Access + Watch $4.99
- Full Access (1 Month) $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.