Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ForeFlight Mobile is the critically acclaimed flight planning, flight support, and electronic flight bag ("EFB") app for pilots. Navigation charts, Internet and in-flight weather, airport facility directory information, moving map, hazard and terrain awareness, aviation documents, and much more.
Built with an attention to detail and backed by a dedicated, fanatical support team, ForeFlight is a best selling aviation app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Continued ForeFlight service requires a subscription, available via in-app purchase.
REVIEWS AND PRAISE
- Editor's Choice, Flying Magazine, January 2013
- Editor's Choice, Flying Magazine, January 2012
- App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
- Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
- "Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
- "One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop, July 2010
AIRPORT AND FACILITY DIRECTORY
ForeFlight's A/FD provides information about US and major international airports. Data is provided by government authorities, the AOPA, and Universal Weather and Aviation. Critical airport information is displayed elegantly and additionally provides METARs, TAFs, winds aloft, and NOTAMS.
PLATES & CHARTS
ForeFlight provides access to US VFR and Terminal Area (TAC) charts; US and Canadian VNC/IFR en-route charts; area and gulf helicopter charts, and 15,000 US and 2,000 Canadian instrument procedures. En-route charts and over 12,000 terminal procedures are geo-referenced.
ForeFlight's weather is best-in-class. 10 weather Slip Maps(TM) with route overlay, pinch and zoom support, and touch planning support deliver information about conditions along your route quickly and visually. In-flight weather is possible via Stratus ADS-B or XM. Maps include:
- Flight rules
- HD NEXRAD composite radar
- Visible and IR satellite
- Temp and dew-point spread
- Sky coverage
- Wind conditions
- Global winds aloft
TOUCH PLANNING & MOVING MAP
Plan flights by touch to draw a route of flight, bend a route around weather, and add or drop waypoints. 'Direct To' functions get you where you want quickly.
Engage the moving map and see your ship's position on top of en-route charts; use the customizable dashboard to display groundspeed and altitude, track, GPS accuracy, or one of 15 different instruments.
ForeFlight supports airways, SIDS, STARS, and providers cleared ATC routes. Use multi-runway SIDS, airway entrances/exits, intersections, airway identifiers, and even the most complex STARS.
ForeFlight provides fuel price information, visually color coded by price, for 2,300+ FBOs in Canada and the US. Pilots can also submit fuel price updates in-app.
FLIGHT PLAN FILING
File flight plans from your iPhone or iPad and get confirmation in seconds. Copies are stored on our servers for safe-keeping; email confirmations and briefings are sent automatically.
Select the regions and information you need. Download one area or the whole country from our highly reliable delivery network. Plate and chart volumes install in seconds.
Submit comments directly from device, wherever you may be, and read comments from other pilots. You may just find a great place for fried pickles.
- Canadian radar coverage is provided by Environment Canada.
- International A/FD provided by Universal Weather and Aviation.
What's New in Version 6.0
ForeFlight Mobile 6 is here! This is the first in a series of substantial updates coming over the next three months, all building off of the refined aesthetic that improves your experience and some substantial under the cover improvements. Here is what's inside:
- Terrain Profile: the new terrain profile view is a sophisticated capability that lets you see terrain along the route of flight, as well as terrain over any are using the ruler. Easily find the altitude required to clear obstacles, time to terrain strike, and maximum elevation. Pinch and zoom the terrain profile and see terrain information via a long press on the profile view.
- Terrain instruments, including a dynamic Maximum Elevation Figure (over a 1/2 second area around the aircraft) and height above ground.
- Stratus Replay: the Stratus 2 ADS-B receiver grows ever more powerful, with the ability to store up to thirty minutes of radar. Sleep your iPad and upon wake, Stratus 2 replays all the weather and information you missed back to the iPad, allowing up to thirty minutes of ADS-B animation and longer battery life. ForeFlight 6 includes updated firmware for Stratus 2.
- Animated ADS-B Radar: combined with Stratus Replay, animate up to thirty minutes of NEXRAD radar. Works on Stratus 1 and Stratus 2 (replay support only available in Stratus 2).
- Split-screen attitude: included within ForeFlight is a new split-screen view that lets you view attitude, ground speed and altitude tapes, and a compass card all within the app. A fast, simple on-screen calibration keeps you level.
- Power management improvements across the app increase battery life by throttling certain operations as needed.
- High-definition VFR charts: all FAA VFR sectionals and TACs have been updated to utilize the FAA's new digital charting formats, dramatically improving color and clarity.
- Refined and polished every view within the application to create a more modern, pleasing aesthetic that improves daylight readability and your overall experience with ForeFlight Mobile.
Getting too greedy
Annotations should be a core feature in an electronic approach plate, but the developers have decided to charge an extra $75 for a Pro subscription to use this feature. Keep in mind that this is pure profit for the developers, as they do not pay for the charts they sell subscriptions for.
Now 6.0 rolls around. Again most of the new features are reserved for pro users, and still no annotated charts for the rest of us.
The enhanced digital charts are more colorful, but the level of detail is the same. Moreover, the charts are still replete with artifacts created by compressing the files.
The best just keeps getting better. A big step in the right direction. Fresh new look and great new features. I am excited by how this product is going to evolve over the next few months!
This app is awesome! The stuff you can do with it and the amount of info that is available is absolutely incredible
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 10, 2014
- Version: 6.0
- Size: 58.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: ForeFlight, LLC
- © 2013 ForeFlight LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- ForeFlight Standard (1 Year)$74.99
- ForeFlight Standard (3 Months)$24.99
- ForeFlight Pro (1 Year)$149.99
- Canada VFR/IFR (1 Year)$149.99