Download for a 30-day free trial. ForeFlight is the essential, integrated flight app that makes planning, flying, and logging flights a joy.
ForeFlight delivers advanced flight planning capabilities, terminal procedure charts, enroute navigation charts, moving map, synthetic vision, hazard awareness, optional Jeppesen charts, a comprehensive library of market-leading weather information and visualization features, a large library of advanced aircraft performance profiles, customizable checklists, integration with a wide range of certified avionics and portable ADS-B and GPS receivers for inflight weather and data, a built-in documents catalog and cloud document capability for management of aircraft and flight operations publications, an easy-to-use pilot logbook for keeping track of flight experience, and so much more. ForeFlight is backed by our Pilot Support Team who delivers amazingly fast, accurate, and friendly customer service.
Please note: Location is used to enable a moving map and to record track logs, the camera is used to attach photos to logbook, push notifications are used for important bulletins and flight alerts, and contacts are used to add people to flights.
ForeFlight requires a subscription. Visit our website for more information on the available plan levels.
FLIGHT PLANNING, BRIEFING, & FILING
Plan flights with Touch Planning on the Map or full-featured form-based Flights view. Tap out a route in seconds and quickly see if flights will be affected by weather or TFRs. Helpful Route, Altitude, and Procedure Advisors make planning easy and accurate. Generate a graphical preflight briefing and file your flight plan directly from the app. Print a professional-grade Navlog for inflight reference.
Interactive weather layers include animated radar, global satellite and winds aloft, global icing, turbulence, and surface analysis, graphical AIR/SIGMETs, flight category, visibility, and more. View decoded METARs, TAFs, and MOS forecasts. Thoughtfully organized Imagery view puts a full range of forecast tools at your fingertips.
PLATES, CHARTS, & MAPS
Both VFR and IFR operations are covered with all of the essentials required for planning and navigation: data-driven Aeronautical Maps, VFR Sectionals, High/Low Enroute charts, SIDs, STARs, approach and taxi charts, and terrain, satellite, and street map views.
GEO-REFERENCED APPROACHES & TAXI CHARTS
Plates and taxi charts enable the real time display of your GPS location on the chart. They can also be overlaid on the Maps view along with weather and hazards for the ultimate situational awareness.
GLOBAL HAZARD AWARENESS TECHNOLOGY
Plan and fly with more confidence in all conditions and terrain. Top-down-view Hazard Advisor map layer, Terrain Profile View, and 3D Synthetic Vision seamlessly integrate into the map display to depict a clear picture of terrain and obstacle hazards anywhere in the world. When paired with an AHRS source, Synthetic Vision provides a backup attitude display.
Logbook makes it easy to log and share flights, track hours, review currency, record certificates and ratings, receive electronic instructor endorsements, and create experience reports. Your data is automatically synced across all your devices and protected in secure cloud storage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
Built-in documents catalog with FAR/AIM, charts supplements, and more
Airport, FBO, and fuel price information for thousands of locations
Dynamic data-driven Aeronautical Maps
Weight & Balance
Expected route and EDCT flight notifications
Automatic over-the-air data updates
Chart color inversion for better night flying experience
Access to web planner
Flying Magazine Editor's Choice 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017
App of the Year, Aviation Consumer, July 2011
Best Selling iPad Aviation App: 2010, 2011, 2012
"Best app for IFR" - Aviation Consumer
"One of the most popular and most-respected aviation apps available" - Sporty's Pilot Shop
**Visit foreflight.com/10-2 to watch the new feature videos.**
Flight Planning Enhancements
• Continuing our drive to make flight planning in ForeFlight more powerful and efficient, this release includes a number of noteworthy improvements to flight planning and filing workflows.
• The detailed and printable Navlog on Flights now provides spaces to record actual time and fuel values for each leg of your flight.
• You can now enter multiple comma-separated email addresses into the Email field at the bottom of the filing form to send flight plan information and updates from ATC like expected route notifications to fellow pilots or crew members.
• ForeFlight now sends SMS text messages in addition to emails and push notifications to provide updates regarding your flight plan, such as ATC rejections and flight delay notices, slot allocation messages, and overdue VFR flight plan reminders.
• Use the new INFO button on Flights to view detailed information about your departure, destination, and alternate airports.
• Tap-hold on the FILED and EXPECTED route strings in the flight plan filing form to copy them to your device’s clipboard and share them with others.
Traffic & Glance Mode in Synthetic Vision
• Two powerful enhancements to Synthetic Vision increase its value for situational awareness.
• Synthetic Vision now shows moving traffic targets for nearby aircraft, complete with relative distance, altitude, and call sign information. Requires an ADS-B In traffic source such as Scout, Stratus, or Garmin Flight Stream.
• Swipe within the Synthetic Vision window to enter Glance Mode, an interactive experience with zoomable 360-degree view of the terrain, obstacles, airports, and traffic around your aircraft.
• Synthetic Vision is included with a Pro Plus subscription plan or higher, and is available as an optional add-on for business accounts.
Auto Day/Night Transition and App Themes
• ForeFlight can now help your eyes adjust to changing light levels at sunrise and sunset by automatically transitioning between the new Day and Night app themes.
• The Day/Night app themes provide fine-grain control over all the individual theme and color settings throughout ForeFlight, allowing you to easily manage all these settings in one place.
Add & Track Jet Currency in Logbook
• ForeFlight Logbook now supports currency tracking for jet pilots based on the requirements outlined in FAR 61.58, allowing you to stay prepared for your proficiency check.
• You can add your initial endorsement in the Qualifications section, then track and update your 12 and 24 month proficiency in one or more aircraft types using Logbook entry flight tags.
• ForeFlight Logbook is available with all “Plus” subscription plans.
Enhanced Oceanic Planning with Organized Track Systems
• Customers planning oceanic flights can now view organized track systems for the North Atlantic, North Pacific, and Australasia regions directly in ForeFlight.
• The tracks are color coded based on direction and have labels showing each track’s name and component waypoints. Tap on each track to see valid times and controller notes.
• Organized Tracks are available with Performance Plus or Business Performance subscription plans.
Jeppesen Enroute Charts Enhanced with Single Tap Support
• Like ForeFlight’s data-driven Aeronautical map, Jeppesen’s global enroute charts in ForeFlight now support the single-tap gesture on visible map elements like airports and waypoints to quickly view information about them and add them to your route.
• Jeppesen’s global enroute charts are automatically included with any Jeppesen IFR chart coverage purchased through ForeFlight or linked from an existing account.
Ratings and Reviews
Foreflight: Essential and best value in all of aviation!
FF is easily the best app for aviation. I have all others, and they are not bad, some even good (eg GP), but I will not leave home without FF. Connecting to various Garmin devices now makes it a great in flight manager as well. I am glad that emphasis is placed on pre-flight management in this update. While flying multiple aircraft in various conditions, different performances, loads, settings, it is all adjusted on the fly through a pilot centered, intuitive interface. This makes keeping track of all data pertinent to a flight, as well as briefing, filing and tracking the flight as easy as can be. As an app goes, it is not cheap like a 2.99 game, but as an essential, reliable tool it is the cheapest utility around in all of aviation. In a world where we measure things in AMU’s, this app and it’s subscription fees are nothing to cry about, and in my opinion the subscription fee is the least I can contribute to keep this ForeFlight team eager to improve and grow.
My only concern is not related to FF, but more related to the iPad and its very short life cycle before obsolescence. I am already concerned about what will happen when iPads cease to exist. For now, i am including a new iPad every other year to the price of doing business.
Traffic display on synthetic vision.
I’m a long-time Foreflight user and have seen many updates and changes over the years but... I wanted to give the team props on the new feature where traffic is displayed on the heads-up (SV) screen. I don’t frequently use the synthetic vision display except in areas of high terrain but on a trip to Denver this week I checked out that feature thoroughly (traffic display on SV). It was quite accurate in the depiction of traffic location with respect to aircraft flying around me. It was pretty cool how I was able to reference a lake or other feature to more-easily spot planes below me. And with the on-screen targets growing larger as they get closer it gives you a great perspective of how serious the threat actually is. Good job guys! I’ve been ADS-B compliant since January 2014 and have enjoyed traffic depictions for several years now. I understand the importance of looking outside the cockpit but I’m certain that the Foreflight traffic display does enhance safety. I’ll likely use “synthetic vision” more now, particularly in areas of high traffic concentration.
Foreflight: ruining an app one update at a time
This is the worst update foreflight has ever made. They took something so streamlined, quick, and easy as flight planning and made it cumbersome and ungainly. It's no longer simple to make a few little changes and see how it affects the flight. You have to load and create performance profiles. It's like they never even considered you might fly a different speed or TAS at different altitudes. Not to mention not everyone wants to waste time with creating a whole new profile when you just want to see how changing one number changes the flight. AND not everyone only flies one airplane! These last two updates ruined the best thing about foreflight. Now they've also ruined your map screen. All the colors have shifted and seem to be permanently stuck on night mode. No setting will change it back. Now you can barely read TAFs and metars in the daylight. On top of everything else the app crashes at least once a flight now, and if it doesn't crash you have to restart it any time it loses communication with your ADS-B unit because it won't reconnect or show any data or even the device unless you restart the app. Talk about going backwards.
Hi Wastintime - we appreciate your feedback. In ForeFlight Mobile EFB 9.1 you can adjust your aircraft’s performance profile data for a flight by typing space-separated values for cruise speed and/or fuel flow directly into the Flight Plan Editor. We created this Quick Tip video tutorial that shows how: https://youtu.be/7OU3VR2ZziM Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of any further assistance.
- ForeFlight, LLC
- 260.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 ForeFlight LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Basic - USA, 1 Year $74.99
- Pro - USA, 1 Year $149.99
- Basic Plus US - 1 Year $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.