Featured in Portland Monthly Magazine!
Offline map and trail guide for Forest Park in Portland, Oregon. Fully interactive map complete with trails, suggested hikes, GPS location, and elevation profiles.
Just west of downtown Portland, Forest Park is one of the country's largest urban forest reserves, and is a major component of a regional system of parks and trails. Covering more than 5,100 acres, the park includes over 70 miles of recreational trails, making it an excellent place for walking, running, hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
Although Forest Park is within walking distance of Northwest Portland, it’s notorious for its lack of network coverage. Our Forest Park app solves this problem! Once the map is downloaded, you’re free to explore the entire park without a network connection.
• Simple, easy-to-use interface.
• Fully interactive offline map.
• GPS location shown on map.
• Navigate the park in its entirety.
• 49 trails and 10 suggested hikes.
• Interactive elevation profiles.
• Trail and Hike lengths.
• Trail-usage key for hikers, bikers, and horses.
• Parking locations shown on map.
• General park information.
The Forest Park app is designed for the iPhone. Although it can be installed on GPS-enabled iPads (iPads with Wi-Fi + Cellular), it’s not formatted for the larger iPad screen - it runs doubled like all other iPhone apps.
The offline-map is an additional (free) 50 MB download after the app is installed. A fast network connection (Wi-Fi, LTE, 4G) is recommended. Standard cellular data rates apply if the map is downloaded over a cellular connection.
Proudly made in Oregon by Scott D. Smith and Paul Burd. We sincerely hope you like it!
An issue that may have prevented the map from being displayed for some users has been resolved. If your downloaded map is not being displayed, please delete the app from your phone and reinstall it from the store. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.
Ratings and Reviews
Glad I found this awesome app!
This app is awesome and easy to use! It's great that it has the offline map when cell service is spotty. The team that made this app definately created a very useful trail guide. I'm loving this app! Thanks for creating it!
So you find a trail and a parking lot and want to know whether the walk from parking is up or down hill. And how steep. Doesnt help you at all. Touch the spot on the map to see altitude? Nope, doesn’t do that. Touch spot on map and see it on the trail graph? Nope doesn’t do that. And the app is two years old so you can be sure no new features will be added any time soon.
Much better than the other option
- Seasonal Spring LLC
- 13 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Scott D Smith and Paul Burd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.