“Forester GPS GIS III” provides tools for estimating basal area per acre for a timber stand as well as GPS data collection and mapping functions for use on the iPad. It will let you use a GPS receiver to map a timber stand or any other land parcel then create grid points over the area. You can also create features by importing feature data in Shapefiles or DXF format, by manual digitization or by entering deed calls. The acreage and perimeter of an area feature will be promptly computed. You can easily divide or combine the land plots. You will be able to record attribute information for each geographic feature. You will also be able to generate a contour map based on an attribute. You will also be able to export the feature data to Shapefiles, Excel files, DXF files and KML files.
If your device has GPS capability, the Point Stakeout function could help you locate the cruise points, and the Line Stakeout function could help you stay on a transect line.
Please note: The accuracy of the location data depends on the GPS receiver used. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. The app lets you easily toggle the GPS on or off.
Detailed Function List:
* Import and export from/to Shapefiles, Excel files, DXF files and KML files.
* Export to GPX file.
* Import/Export Point Feature data via text file.
* Load a GeoTiff map image for off-line use and for use in Moving Map mode.
* Use GPS to map land features as Points, Lines and Areas.
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Draw a deed plot by entering angles and distances.
* Classify the Features on a Topic layer.
* Modify the Line and Area Feature shapes by adding or deleting nodes.
* Transform data to commonly used coordinate systems.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* Create grid points over a timber stand to use as sampling points.
* Create a contour map and compute volumes.
* Use the built-in angle gauge for point sampling at each sampling point.
* Automatically record tree tally and BA/acre for each sampling point.
* Attach photos to the Features.
* Enter a formula for computing values derived from other Attribute Values.
* Tag the Features with pre-defined Attribute/Values.
* View position, length and area values for the Features.
* For a Topic layer, go to a Feature, sort the Features, or report statistics.
* Split an Area by using a Split-Line.
* Disconnect a Line Feature or an Area Feature.
* Join Features.
* Create buffer zones around a Line or Area Feature.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas on the displayed Map.
* Create a point from the entered address or coordinates.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Use GPS to locate and stake out Points or nodes on a Line or Area Feature.
* Use GPS to guide you along a specified Line or Area boundary.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
* iCloud file storage support.
This app comes with a built-in help document.
Automatically save job data after user has added a new Feature.
- Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.