Forge of Empires
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Build your empire and journey through the ages: With Forge of Empires, we bring our award-winning strategy game to your iPad and iPhone. Build your city and develop it from the Stone Age to modern times (and beyond). Download the app and play Forge of Empires now!
5/5 "A brilliant city building game created by people with a true love of strategy."
5/5 "I am so addicted to this game. Unlocking new tech trees, buildings etc. feels very rewarding. I love this game!"
- Build your city and evolve from the Stone Age to modern times (and beyond).
- Develop new technologies and discover new buildings and goods
- Produce supplies to manufacture goods
- Exchange your goods and trade with your neighbors
- Discover new territories and seize control of the provinces and their rewards
- Use your negotiation or battle skills to take over sector by sector
Forge of Empires is based on our successful browser strategy game which was published by InnoGames in the summer of 2012.
It was awarded Best Browser Game 2013 by the jury at Deutscher Computerspielpreis (German Computer Game Award).
Finally, the online strategy game is available for iOS as well, providing cross-platform access.
Forge of Empires is free to download and install. However, some game features can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable inapp purchases in your device's settings. A network connection is also required.
What's New in Version 1.47.0
- Easter event: Egg-citing times are ahead with new event buildings and avatars!
- New Aid functionality – help your allies even easier with a single tap.
- Added new collection icons that are prettier and more visible.
- Some connection issues were solved and a number of bugs were fixed.
Once you get the hang of the game, it gets really addicting and fun. You could have a rough start, but it gets better. The progress through history is an interesting concept, graphics are great too. Interface is really simple, you must be stupid not to understand it after a few days. I personally don't mind the slow pace since I have to go to classes anyways and I don't want to finish the game immediately either.
The new update is great and much more convenient! The other reviewers for this version don't seem to really know how the game works. :P
Just A Piggybank for Other Players
I gave this game a second chance after completely deleting it. It started out well, playing with about 40 others who were similar in score and level. A few days ago I opened the game to find that I'm now playing with 70 others, almost all of whom are ages ahead of my town with all the accompanying military might. So, once again, I can make very little progress on my own goals while my town becomes an easy piggybank for all the more powerful players. This is why I deleted the game in the first place. Unfortunately, I probably will delete again. Too bad, it could be a very good game if it was played on a more even playing field.
Awful new graphics
The new graphics are awful. Wasn't it bad enough they bounced constantly?
The game is generally fun. I get that diamonds are the way to pay for development and such but it seems that sometimes you're stuck in situations with research/unlock costs that are impossible to get through without paying dollars. It'd be nice to have a "completely free" way of playing.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 1.47.0
- Size: 57.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: InnoGames GmbH
- © InnoGames GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1500 Diamonds$19.99
- 600 Diamonds$9.99
- 220 Diamonds$4.99
- 110 Diamonds$2.99
- 10000 Diamonds$79.99
- 5000 Diamonds$49.99