Finalist in the CVA videogames awards. Nominations: Best Audio, Best Original Music, Best Indie Game and Best iOS Game!
"The most exciting horror game of 2015." - AppSpy
"The developers have managed to craft a genuinely unsettling game with a moody atmosphere and masterfully engineered scares." - AppSpy
"Forgotten Memories is an atmospheric tale of horror" - 148Apps
"It's a well put-together tribute to survival horror games of yesteryear." - PocketGamerUK
"The game is easily recommendable for those looking for that Silent Hill feel." - Destructoid
AppStore customer rating: 9.5 out of 10!
TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND GET READY FOR THE HORROR OF FORGOTTEN MEMORIES.
Discover a true gaming and narrative experience on your iOS device.
In Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, you will play Rose Hawkins, a strong independent woman looking for Eden, a missing child. Rose wakes up wounded in a strange place she doesn't recognize. While looking for the young girl, she will find herself locked in a never ending tragedy; frozen in time. Rose will need to confront her deepest fears to unveil the mystery behind her terrifying investigation.
+ OLD SCHOOL SURVIVAL HORROR+
Forgotten Memories is a third person Psychological Survival Horror game combining exploration, reflection, puzzles, action and survival where the gameplay is focused on fear mechanics.
A true spiritual successor of the greatest horrific games from the 90's. Forgotten Memories is a classic survival horror game.
+ A GREAT PLAYER EXPERIENCE+
Forgotten Memories combines deep psychological story, beautifully rendered environments, and smooth gameplay action into a fantastic horror experience you will never forget.
Enjoy incredible voice acting with, among others, Guy Cihi and David Schaufele (James Sunderland and Eddie Dombrowski from Silent Hill 2).
Master the game with accurate touch systems.
+ FEATURES OVERVIEW+
• Classic survival horror mechanics
• A deep narrative and climatic psychological horror experience
• High-end and smooth 3D graphics (HDRL; Dynamic Lighting / Shadows; Multiple post-processes)
• Challenging gameplay (Limited save points; few med kits; restricted ammo; unpredictable environments; adaptive enemies)
• Highly replayable; Unlockables; Game Center achievements, challenges and leaderboards; In game ranking stats system.
• Accurate touch controls
• No in-app purchases. We don't sell any weapons, ammunitions, or anything that will impact the game experience. You will be on your own ;)
• MFI controller support
Supported Hardware :
Any iOS device supporting arm64 architecture.
We will keep improving and updating the game with new content and features.
MFI controller support is partial. Menu navigation with MFI will come in a future update.
Around 300 tweaks, fixes and improvements on the entire game. Most notable ones:
- iPhone X support
- Graphics renderer updated, PBR lighting, post-process improved
- New Game Plus added
- Gameplay, Level design and difficulty re-designed
- New dynamic tutorials
- Gunfights improved
- Difficulty levels tweaked to reflect new LD changes
- Input and controls system re-written and improved
- Improved English writing and proof read
- Multi language support (French, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Spanish and German)
- Ability to change game refresh from 30, 45 and 60 FPS
- Fixed overheating issues
- Battery consumption optimized
Ratings and Reviews
I give this game 5 stars whole heartedly. Honestly people who are complaining about bad movements or how hard the game is- the point of a game isn't always that it's easy- it's supposed to challenge you. Especially in this game. I love that even though I myself admit it's sometimes hard to get used to things, I love that this game challenges me along with a great story line and a great spooky atmosphere. I also love that it's not all about blood and gore and trying to make things as gruesome as possible. That isn't scary, it's just boring. As a big fan of horror and the entire genre from movies to books to games, I have to say this is one of the best. Definitely worth the money. I really hope that the next edition comes soon, because it leaves you on a total cliffhanger! Great work! There are some minor bugs or annoyances, like sometimes the game freezes, or sometimes it takes forever to get to a save point, but as far as bugs go it's minimal and usually only freezes at points right at the beginning of a new part after you have saved. And every game has flaws. Nothing is perfect! But this game is very close.
Wonderful Addition to a Forgotten Genre
Forgotten Memories is a beautiful exercise in classic survival horror. I honestly thought that I had played my last in this vein of gaming years ago but the creators of this dark little gem have really attempted to bring back all of the facets of classic survival horror. It's great knowing that there are people out there still devoted to the genre that got me into video games in the first place! The visuals are sumptuous and drenched in creep factor, sound design is brilliant down to the different types of flooring changing your footsteps, and the story is intriguing albeit a bit heavy handed and ever so slightly cheesy in execution (but let's be real, so were Silent Hill, Resident Evil and the like) Yes, save points are spaced out in a way that creates challenge and uncertainty but that is the point ( only play this game when you have time to devote to it, not on a 5 minute break) Touch controls are much better than I anticipated. Still a bit hit or miss at times but that's entirely the nature of the beast. I think this game is priced well under what it's worth and anybody with an interest in horror should give it a shot.
They did it, the absolute madmen! 🔥📲
Just like the title says. I’ve always loved this game, especially when I bought it back when I had a 5s. This rating has been bumped up from a 4 star to a 5 star because of the surprise update of the Definitive Edition. More importantly, they finally optimized this glorious game for the iPhone X, and they really took advantage of all that screen room. It looks amazing guys, can’t wait for your future games! I really hope your studio gets off the ground running.
Listen, if you love horror games similar to the obvious classics like RE and Silent, then you owe it to yourself to purchase this game. That’s all I’m gonna say. It’s survival horror on the go in your pocket. The graphics are jaw dropping for a mobile device, and the gameplay is smooth. Not cumbersome like other 3D mobile games. The story, although a bit corny, is on par with the classics too. Either way, just get it. You won’t regret it, especially if you’ve been looking for a solid iPhone game that’s closer to a console experience.
- Psychose Interactive Inc.
- 3.3 GB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © All rights reserved Psychose Interactive Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.