By George Lyakhov
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you looking for the greatest quotes from the most famous people and mankind wisdom, than this application will be the best choice.
• Double click in main window will show next quote.
• Cmd+C will copy quote to pasterboard
What's New in Version 1.2
- Added "sandbox" support
- Added links to quotes in pasteboard
- Fixed issue with wikipedia links
Works as advertised
For Free this is a great app. 5 star rating b/c it works as advertised. It's amazing to me how so many people can criticize an App when it does EXACTLY what the developer says it will do. Most developers are happy to add features that users request. I know I couldn't make an app in the first version that had every feature users wanted...could You??? This has been a free app since Day 1 and the developer has made 2 improvements in less than 1 month. They are trying. Paid apps that false advertise is a different story...
Current Great Features: I like how you give ability for quote to fade out after a few seconds, and I love the ability to leave quote up for up to 1 hour before it changes.
1. Add option to leave quote up all day without changing. Great for impacting quotes we want to "Sink In".
2. I like the Self-Help/Motivational Quotes you supply. My wife loves quotes but she likes quotes from movies and other topics. Create ability to choose quotes by topic so user can pick specific quote categories.
3. Biggest issue for me is if I go to next quote it won't let me scroll back to previous quotes. I like to read a few quotes in the morning and save the one that impacts me the most. Currently I hace to copy each one. Scroll back ability would be great! Nice work on V1.2 though....
Works great on 10.8.2
Great job. One request for future update. Please add option to use Mt Lion Notification center.
Also I presonally prefer menu icon black font on transparent backgroud :)
But these are such a small things…
When I first purchased this app a few months ago it was terrific. Many of the quotes were from the greats such as Socrates, Aristotle, Confucius, Epictetus, Einstein etc. Someone has changed most of the authors of these quotes and they are now horrible. Some people I never heard of and many of the quotes are unintelligent and shallow. There was even one from Michael Jackson and Obama - who's next? Carrot Top ? please !