#1 Food & Drink App and Featured as 'Best New App' by Apple - this is the essential recipe app from the makers of the critically-acclaimed film Forks Over Knives. Discover over 400 hearty and decadent meals from over 20 leading chefs, with new recipes added weekly!
Every recipe fits the whole-food, plant-based lifestyle that a growing number of health professionals recognize can help stave off and even reverse chronic ailments like heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Over 400 (and growing) great-tasting, whole-food, plant-based recipes - with new recipes added weekly!
- Find and prepare your favorite recipes with ease
- Preparation made simple with step-by-step instructions
- Synchronize your shoppings lists across multiple devices with iCloud
- For each step, see the ingredients you need with just a tap
- Convenient shopping list for the grocery items you need to pick up
- Landscape mode for viewing recipes full-screen, with step-by-step instructions
- Contributions from over 50 leading chefs.
- Tips on the plant-based lifestyle and more!
We hope you love using the Forks Over Knives App. If you have any suggestions about how a recipe or the app could be improved even further, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you.
The recipes now look even more beautiful with support for the iPhone X. Plus we squashed a few (digital) bugs too :)
Ratings and Reviews
I'm a busy mom of 3 with 2 school age children and 1 toddler. This app works for me because it's organized and has photos for all recipes, it's organized and convenience of the grocery list categorized for you by isle has been a charm! Especially since I'm new to plant-based diet and I have to buy items I normally don't buy. I thought my grocery shopping was going to be difficult, but it was a breeze! Every dish I've tried have been very satisfying! The ONLY thing I would like for it not to do is to not clear off the grocery list as soon as I cross off my last item! Maybe a bother folder that's labeled "meals to cook" and the recipes that I ran out to buy can transfer over to that list? This way I don't have to flip through my 'favorites' to find my recipe again. But overall I'm in love!
Wonderful, Inspiring App!
I recently downloaded this app to learn how to make tasty new creations and I absolutely love the recipes! But the best part is that my non-vegetarian partner asks for these recipes over whatever meat options he might have thought about otherwise. We've eaten the Avocado White Bean Wraps multiple times over the last week and they are just as delicious as the first time we made them! Yum! The app keeps the recipes open and screen on while you are using it, do the screen doesn't go dark while you are trying to follow a recipe. The grocery list option is wonderful, so you never miss an ingredient! Definitely get this app and kudos to the creators to a job well done! Love it!
Not worth paying for
This app is fine. It’s nice to have all of the whole Food recipes in one place. Often when searching online a lot of the recipes that come up are not actually whole food so this is nice for that reason, however I have seen quite a few of these recipes for free online so paying for the app feels like a foolish purchase.
What I really need from this app is for it to tell me how long sauces and dressings and such can keep in the fridge. There are quite a few things, examples being cheese sauce or pasta sauce, that I would love to make a large jar of but I do not have freezer space so I’d like to know how long they would keep in the fridge.
You also cannot view the ingredients and recipes at the same time so you have to keep switching back and fourth to see what quantities you need to be adding.
This also isn’t a meal planning app as it claims to be, it is just a WFPB recipe database.
To recap: the recipes look good but can be found elsewhere online, you cannot plan meals by day or week, I don’t know how long the food I make will keep, poor navigation/organization.
If it was free this app would be great but all in all:
Not worth the money.
- Forks Over Knives, LLC
- 142.2 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Burmese, Cambodian, Chinese (Hong Kong), Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Forks Over Knives
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.