It's time to move into the 21st Century. The popular Formula Calculator for Mac is now available for iPad!
Why use Formula Calculator?
Formula Calculator does not imitate a pocket calculator - instead the mathematical expressions are typed in directly and the results are evaluated as you type. The entire mathematical expressions are there to see, making it easier to spot mistakes.
Very long calculations can be broken into smaller calculations. You assign names to intermediate results, just as you would in algebra or arithmetic. You can open multiple worksheets at any time.
Formula Calculator comes with the mathematical functions that you find on a scientific calculator and you can define your own functions, simply by typing them in. More advanced functions enable numerical differentiation, integration, finding complex roots (zeroes) of functions, Fourier transforms, fitting functions to data. You can define your own constants and save them for use in any arithmetic expression - this is very useful for constants that you use often, such as the gas constant, Avogadro's number, Planck's constant, and so on.
Formula calculator allows you to easily graph your functions, ideal for students who want to understand what functions look like and how they behave when parameters are varied. You can format the graphs how you like, including labels and colors and output them as images, pdf files or in eps format for inclusion in reports.
* Large range of scientific functions including differentiation and integration
* Perform real, complex and matrix arithmetic
* Define your own functions and save them
* Define your own constants and save them
* Select pre-defined themes to alter the appearance
* Share your results with others
* Comprehensive help
* Multiple calculator windows
* Use multiple lines to input and perform complicated calculations
* Type calculations in any order (!)
* Assign results to parameter names and use those in subsequent lines
* Allows left or right assignment of values to parameters
* Automatically retain function definitions, with an option to keep them
* Perform Fourier transforms or fit functions to data
* Advanced graphing function for plotting your calculations
* Format your graphs, add labels, legends, change colours etc.
* Zoom function to expand regions of your graphs
* Cursor for reading values from your graphs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.