Ditch the music cart. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, the original sheet music reader for iOS, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple retail stores worldwide!
On your music stand or on the go, it's the complete PDF sheet music reading experience that has wowed musicians all over the world for years:
• Copy PDFs from other apps like Safari and Mail
• Import scores from popular cloud storage services and content providers like Musicnotes.com
• Share scores and setlists with colleagues, whether or not they use forScore
• Add metadata to your scores for a perfectly browsable, instantly searchable library
• Create smart bookmarks to manage longer files containing multiple parts or pieces
• Group scores manually with Setlists to play through them from start to finish
• View full pages in portrait orientation and crop them to better fit your device's screen
• Turn your device sideways for bigger scrolling pages or view two pages side by side instead
• Use Reflow on smaller screens to lay out your music end-to-end like a horizontal teleprompter
• Enter annotation mode to draw with your finger, type text, or place common symbols onto the page
• Draw at any time with Apple Pencil for an incredibly natural and responsive, always-on annotation experience
• Separate your annotations into layers and show or hide them at any time
• Create links and buttons to handle repeats or perform common actions with a single tap
• Rearrange and duplicate pages of a score to play without jumping back and forth
• Connect your Bluetooth page turner for hands-free navigation
• Access integrated utilities like our metronome, pitch pipe, tuner, and piano keyboard
• Link tracks to scores to loop regions, adjust pitch, and even use them to record and play back your page turns
• Connect wirelessly to nearby devices and coordinate your page turns and program changes effortlessly
There's much more than those highlights, though, so be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best!
Note: forScore also includes an optional, annual auto-renewing subscription called forScore Pro that offers additional features and content (visit forScore.co/pro for complete details). forScore Pro is a 1-year subscription that renews automatically until canceled. Should you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will then automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Complete terms of service are available on our website at: forScore.co/terms-of-service
Version 11.0.2 adds a new content provider, Noteflight, to forScore's Services panel so you can download your Noteflight Marketplace purchases directly into your library as standard PDF files. This update also fixes a layout issue when using half page turns with margin adjusted files and ensures page-specific information like cropping is copied when cloning files. Here's what's new in forScore 11.0:
• Get forScore on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch with a single universal app
• Create score-wide annotation layers and show or hide them for all pages at once
• Draw more naturally with re-engineered variable width curves when using Apple Pencil
• Add the Repeat shape to a score and watch it automatically align itself to the nearest staff
• Loop tracks with vastly improved controls for ultra-precise time selection
• Edit recorded track turns with the new Replay editor
• Adjust the tuning of the pitch pipe's piano and clarinet sounds (previously only available for the Tone option)
• Zoom and finely tune the piano keyboard
• Toggle Display Zoom to use more of the 11-inch iPad Pro screen’s height in portrait orientation
• Tap "import" in the main menu to open the Files interface and import or download scores from almost any cloud storage provider
• Find brand new content, articles, and more in our completely redesigned storefront
• Preview a page in rearrange mode by tapping on it
• Use new gestures and gesture options to show the now playing queue or jump back to the last score or page
This version also introduces forScore Pro, an optional auto-renewing subscription that gives you access to new and exclusive features and content (no existing features require this subscription). Learn more at: forScore.co/pro
Note that forScore now requires iOS 10.3 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
A must have for professional musicians
Gone are the days of having big 3 ringed binders with several copies of manuscripts weighing down a stand. Or sheet music falling off a stand while you're trying to play it. The iPad and this app have revolutionized the way we practice and rehearse today. This app is simply amazing. I use it everyday. They really have thought of everything with this app and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. I have been using it for a good 2 years now. Features such as making set lists, annotations, categorizing by artist/composers/songs etc, share options directly from the app, creating backups of your organizations and being able to open attachments from the iOS mail app directly in this app make it simply amazing. I can't say enough about it because I would just continue to ramble.
To the developers of this app... We the musicians greatly appreciate you for creating something that makes our lives and careers easier. We thank you for creating something that's seamless, easy to use, has every feature we could want all while running smooth with little to no crashes. Thank you also for constantly keeping this app updated and adding additional features. I’m always learning something new with this software I didn’t already know it could do.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really means a lot to us!
The best Sheet Music Viewer hands down
I am a professional Trumpet player, and gone are the days of carrying 10 fake books, 5 band folders and stand lights. With a little time with a scanner, you can have your entire sheet music collection a couple clicks away. I play many different styles of music from Brass Band To Dixieland. I only need to take the official band folder home when I need to scan new music. If something comes up, I don’t have to feel guilty about the band not having the folder in my absence. I have my music sorted by “genres”, which is just one way to sort the very well thought out database. Everyone is just amazed at the way this works. ½ page turns allows you to see the next page while still seeing the bottom half staves of the current page. This avoids having to memorize the first few notes on the next page. Setting up D.C.’s and D.S.’s is easy with links that can be set up. For tricky repeats, you can duplicate pages and arrange them so that it becomes a hands free page turn with products like AirTurn etc. I’ll never go back to the old way again. Easily the best $15 I’ve ever spent on any app. Gigging musicians and piano bar players, this is a must have!!
Good but problematic
ForScore is certainly the best music reader I’ve used in terms of functionality. It is easy to upload music to the app and view your music as well as make your own set lists. The other features is where the problems are. The metronome function is cool and the annotations with Apple Pencil are fantastic, but other useful features and actually navigating the application leave much to be desired. Accessing an app’s settings menu shouldn’t require a google search to figure it out. Likewise, instructions for using other features such as links have ambiguous instructions that force you to use trial and error to figure out. Trying to access your library isn’t as easy as tapping a link that says “Library”; same goes for your set lists. There’s also the option to back up your library and set lists, but it’s not easy as allowing it to access your iCloud Drive account like you might when you first launch Pages or something. Speaking of backing everything up, the feature is mislabeled as “Services”. The backup section doesn’t properly backup your files and allow to easily restore. So, like the title says, the app is good, but also has a list of problems and usability/interface issues that can ward off new users.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your support and honest feedback. If you have specific ideas about how certain interface elements can be improved so that they're more in line with what you'd expect, we're always happy to hear them and to answer any questions about why they work the way they do currently. We're a very small company and providing exhaustive documentation for every combination of hardware and OS (and for different people's learning styles) just isn't possible. That's why we have a contact form on our website and built into the app, so you can get in touch with us and we can fill in those gaps one-on-one.
Apple limits the number of times developers can respond to reviews, so I can't get into each concern you've raised, but I wanted to take a moment to discuss backups: the best way to back up your information is to use Apple's whole-device backup functions, either by regularly plugging your device into a computer and letting iTunes save your data, or by setting up iCloud backup which works automatically at night when your device is pugged in and connected to wifi. The Services and Backup panels are separate things that serve separate functions, allowing people to share scores and setlists with colleagues, for instance. Again, if you want to know more about how these tools are intended to be used or why they're designed the way they are, we're always happy to discuss that with you personally. Just visit forScore.co/support or choose "Support" from the tools menu to reach out if you'd find that helpful.
- forScore, LLC
- 36.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection Free
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
- Bach: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.