Shelve those 3-ring binders. Get organized. Download and play something new in seconds. With forScore, the original sheet music reader for iPad, your scores have never been better—it’s everything you can do with paper and so much more. As seen in Apple retail stores worldwide!
From the moment you launch the app, you’ll see how forScore puts your music front and center. Don’t let the interface’s simplicity fool you, though—forScore has an arsenal of tools ready to help you turn practice into performance. Create links to handle repeats with a single tap, play along to an audio track, and use half-page turns to see the bottom half of the current page and the top half of the next one at the same time, removing jarring transitions once and for all.
Thanks to forScore’s ability to import virtually any PDF file from the web and connect directly to services like Dropbox or download your Musicnotes.com purchases, it’s not only the best music reader around, it’s also the world’s library of sheet music—just millimeters thick. Keep those scores organized by tagging your files and let forScore do the rest with its dynamic menus that are always up to date. You can also create, share, and play through setlists for a fully manual approach to grouping and arranging your files.
And when it comes to annotation, forScore's flexibility is unparalleled. Create and edit an unlimited number of drawing presets, add text to your page with adjustable formatting, and add common musical notation symbols with our unique stamps feature (you can even draw or import your own designs). When you're done, share your files and annotations with friends via email, AirDrop, or print them out with AirPrint!
Under the hood, you'll notice forScore's finely-tuned algorithms that use every millisecond of downtime without ever getting in your way. They keep your library organized, make page turns virtually instantaneous, and even learn from you to give you the best possible experience.
That's just the beginning—be sure to visit forscore.co to learn all about forScore's incredible features and find out why so many musicians agree that forScore is simply the best.
"The iPad, with an app like ForScore, is kind of the ultimate sheet music machine, no?" -Gizmodo
This version has been optimized for the latest iPads, supports the new Apple Pencil's double tap gesture, and includes many other features and improvements. Here are just a few quick highlights:
• Double tap the new Apple Pencil to switch or adjust tools while annotating, or to perform a customizable action when not annotating
• Draw arrows and ovals and use new settings to adjust the properties of certain Shapes
• Avoid accidental input when using Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon with our simplified "prevent finger drawing" option
• Rearrange multiple pages at once by dragging one page, then tapping others to move them all simultaneously
• Use filters to narrow down the items within a setlist, or filter items anywhere based on their setlist membership
• Magnify your scores by up to 3 times their original size with Reflow's expanded zoom factor and scroll speed
• Recover recently deleted scores and setlists using the Backup panel's new recovery feature
• Enjoy more efficient caching and faster transfer speeds to Cue 1.4.3 or later thanks to iOS' support for the HEIC image format
• Archive your forScore library to a Mac via USB using our new, free backup utility (works great even with limited storage on your iPad)
Learn more about these new features at forScore.co/ten-five
Ratings and Reviews
A must have for professional musicians
Gone are the days of having big 3 ringed binders with several copies of manuscripts weighing down a stand. Or sheet music falling off a stand while you're trying to play it. The iPad and this app have revolutionized the way we practice and rehearse today. This app is simply amazing. I use it everyday. They really have thought of everything with this app and I have been thoroughly impressed by it. I have been using it for a good 2 years now. Features such as making set lists, annotations, categorizing by artist/composers/songs etc, share options directly from the app, creating backups of your organizations and being able to open attachments from the iOS mail app directly in this app make it simply amazing. I can't say enough about it because I would just continue to ramble.
To the developers of this app... We the musicians greatly appreciate you for creating something that makes our lives and careers easier. We thank you for creating something that's seamless, easy to use, has every feature we could want all while running smooth with little to no crashes. Thank you also for constantly keeping this app updated and adding additional features. I’m always learning something new with this software I didn’t already know it could do.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, it really means a lot to us!
The best Sheet Music Viewer hands down
I am a professional Trumpet player, and gone are the days of carrying 10 fake books, 5 band folders and stand lights. With a little time with a scanner, you can have your entire sheet music collection a couple clicks away. I play many different styles of music from Brass Band To Dixieland. I only need to take the official band folder home when I need to scan new music. If something comes up, I don’t have to feel guilty about the band not having the folder in my absence. I have my music sorted by “genres”, which is just one way to sort the very well thought out database. Everyone is just amazed at the way this works. ½ page turns allows you to see the next page while still seeing the bottom half staves of the current page. This avoids having to memorize the first few notes on the next page. Setting up D.C.’s and D.S.’s is easy with links that can be set up. For tricky repeats, you can duplicate pages and arrange them so that it becomes a hands free page turn with products like AirTurn etc. I’ll never go back to the old way again. Easily the best $15 I’ve ever spent on any app. Gigging musicians and piano bar players, this is a must have!!
Wonderful with a few issues
I absolutely love this app, and use it religiously every day. I have been using it for the last two years, and overall don’t have many complaints. Since I have been using it for so long, I feel it’s time I finally left some feedback. There are two issues I have, however;
1. When marking up music, it brings a toolbar up at the top of the screen. When numbering measures at the top, this makes it extremely difficult to write at the top of the score. We need the ability to be able to mark up without the toolbar there, or at least have the ability to move the toolbar to where we would prefer it (like toward the bottom or as a side bar)
2. Since the most recent update, there is a TON of lag when marking up scores. I use the Apple Pencil, and I’ve never had problems. With the recent update, however, whenever I markup my scores, there is a lag between what I’m writing and when it actually appears on the page. It’s so bad that I’m having to actually rewrite markings because it lagged so much the first time I wrote it that it didn’t actually register to the page. It’s so frustrating that it’s getting to where I can’t even mark my scores because the lag is so bad. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!
Aside from these two issues, this app is absolutely wonderful. It is a must have for any serious musician. I hope these two issues can be solved in the future, and hopefully the second issue will be fixed very soon!
Hi there, thanks so much for your comments and support! The annotation toolbar can easily be moved up and down so it's out of your way (visit forscore.co/annotation-toolbar to learn more). As to the issue with the Apple Pencil, this is caused by a bug that Apple just introduced with iOS 12. We've already put together a workaround and it's included in our next release, version 10.4.9. It's going through Apple's review process right now and we're hoping to release it by the end of this week. If you have any other questions or concerns in the mean time, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by choosing Support from forScore's Tools menu or by visiting forscore.co/kb and using the contact form there.
- forScore, LLC
- 36.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 forScore, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Beethoven: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
- Bach: The Mutopia Collection $0.99
- Brahms: The Mutopia Collection Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.