Looking for a quick laugh? FortuneNix is a simple application that displays a random message from a database of quotations. If you turn on the "potentially offensive" option, there are plenty of racy quotations sure to amuse you! Go ahead try the limericks.. "There once was a man from Nantucket..." you get the idea.
Based on the popular Unix fortune program, many of the quotations have a particular appeal to software developers and system admins who have worked with Unix. This little app will provide entertainment for a long time to come. There are over 17,000 quotes in the database.
Do you sometimes feel ill at ease when you've been away from the command line for too long? This little app will take you back momentarily. It also has a few modern touches of usability. It allows you to browse categories of quotations, create a list of your favorites, and send them via email.
Ratings and Reviews
- Northstar New Media
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2009 Northstar New Media
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.