By Peter Stajger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your Facebook friend's daily photo updates come to your iPad or iPhone.
Fotobookr is an easy-of-use lightweight photo app for iPad and iPhone, that allows you to preview photos of your Facebook friends updated in the last few days. Very simple interface allows you to VERY EASILY browse photos, like them, read and write comments, preview photo tags.
Why is this app better?
- very clean and unobtrusive user interface
- no necessary buttons, all important information is presented to the user on each photo
- all actions related to Facebook connect is automatic (login, fetching refreshed user data, user's friends)
- images are cached, so they are presented to the user really fast
- while browsing, user can slide with 2 fingers to jump to photos of next friend
- user can browse already loaded images while images of other friends are loading on background so browsing is really fast
NEW TIP: If you want to see more photos, use 3 fingers swipe gesture on main screen from right to left. You will get photos updated in the last 48 hours (hidden feature).
TIP: while browsing photos, use 2 fingers swipe gesture to skip to next or previous user.
TIP: to show tags quickly, simply press photo for a second
TIP: if you want to switch to another account, disable fotobookr on your Facebook settings page.
What customers say:
Review at www.appadvice.com
"fotobookr is a real time-saver for Facebook fans who like to quickly catch up on the latest photos posted by friends. It is well-thought out and keeps things simple."
Review at www.appcraver.com/fotobookr
"fotobookr’s zero-configuration and ease-of-use combined with its simple and straightforward design makes for one of the most useful, fun and photo enthusiast friendly apps on the market."
"This app is so useful and practical. You can simply browse your friend's new photos on FB and you don't have to even start a FB app. I love gesture(two fingers) for switching between friends too. I really appreciate this app!!!THNKS:)" by Frank Perkins
"This is quite nice and useful application if you want to have a quick look at pictures your friends published on Facebook lately." by bernpe
"I love this app, very easy and helpful for me" by icooo
Fotobookr requires following Facebook permissions:
friends_photo_video_tags, friends_photos, offline_access, publish_stream, user_likes, user_photo_video_tags, user_photos
What's New in Version 1.3
1. now, you can choose how many days you would like to browse back in time
2. you can browse your own photos
3. you can browse your friend's photos from the list of friends
4. all photos that you like are stored in one place, so fotobookr will track your likes for you
5. there is logout button, so you can easily switch to another user
1. dramatical stability update has been done
2. photos are no longer organized in pages, you can simply scroll to the very bottom of all of them
3. you can now access all friend's photos directly from daily photos, or from tags
4. several minor graphic changes has been done
5. on iPhone version you can skip friends directly with buttons, so if you are browsing photos with only one hand, you don have to use 2 finger swipe gesture
6. many small changes and updates has been done
Maybe not perfect...but does what it needs to
I have this app over a year. There is not much it needs to do except to display pics of your 'friends' posts on Facebook. And it does it very well. I use Facebook 1% a year, let's face it, telling people what I am doing is not that important. But to see kids grow, and keep track of family/friends through pics is priceless.
For that it deserves 4.5 stars!
Really easy to use. I like that I can comment on any photo I like as I scroll through the chosen photos. Being able to like a photo is also easy. Navigating the many photos is a breeze. In a future release I would like to see them add the ability to let me delete photos from my gallery as I view them.
I am giving it 5 stars but it will be good to see a setting to be able to let the ipad remain on so the playing of the pictures remain going all the time as a digital frame. Also being able to random between friends pics will be nice.